Low E won’t intonate on prs trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
    After having it set up for a few days and playing it I noticed it sounded off. So I rechecked the intonation and it was reading sharp again. This time the E,A and D were sharp. I contacted the guy i traded with and asked him if he had any problems. He told me he did that’s why he had the bridge decked completely.
    he said that’s the only way he could get it to Intonate right. He also told me that he used to use the trem a little too aggressive and messed up holes for the mounting screws. Which would explain why when ever the pivot screws were level the high E side of the bridge was a lot lower than the low E. Upon further inspection I found where he had broken one of the strap button. Screws off in the body and drilled a new hole right beside it.
    I told him since he wasn’t upfront about the damage he had done and my SG was brand new and mint. That I wanted it back or was going f to report him on the groups I am on. He already traded the SG off but agreed to give me something of equal value to make it up to me. I have already talked to a tech that said we could bring it by there and he would go over it completely for me. Luckily it’s someone I know and trust and will be completely honest.
    im supposed to meet up with him tomorrow. Hopefully he has something good and worth it.
    You can't deck a PRS bridge. Even minor adjustments to the six screws will mess things up badly - they should never be touched.
    Any time you see damaged screws you can be sure someone has messed with them, cluelessly assuming it was like a Strat bridge.

I hope he has something great on hand for you.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
    X