NGD take 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD take 2

After the whole PRS cluster at least the guy made it right. Neither guitar is really my style but the ML is surprisingly fun to play. The firebird is cool just not sure mini humbuckers are for me. Specs on both are pretty well known. So I won’t go into a lot of details. My tech guy did check both out and said everything was good to go no issues at all.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5616F95E-F0C3-4399-8FBE-1AD49E7C2293.jpeg
Views:	340
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	6013563Click image for larger version

Name:	51031D5E-58AF-47EE-AE95-2004566A35FC.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	6013564

Oh, man. Those or beautiful. Love the ML. I have Korean made ML that I love, no Floyd Rose on it though.
    Firebirds are so freaking cool! Check out the DiMarzio PG-13's if you don't like the Gibsons.

Comment

nice! i assume the firebird has modern gibson fb pups. i find them to be kinda harsh and peaky. i love vintage type fb pups like the antiquitys but they are fairly bright by nature. the duncan sm3 might suit you better than the gibsons.

Comment

Very nice. It must be "blue" month around here.

Comment

Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
          After the whole PRS cluster at least the guy made it right. Neither guitar is really my style but the ML is surprisingly fun to play. The firebird is cool just not sure mini humbuckers are for me. Specs on both are pretty well known. So I won’t go into a lot of details. My tech guy did check both out and said everything was good to go no issues at all.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	5616F95E-F0C3-4399-8FBE-1AD49E7C2293.jpeg
Views:	340
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	6013563Click image for larger version

Name:	51031D5E-58AF-47EE-AE95-2004566A35FC.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	6013564
          So he gave you both of those guitars for the new SG that you bought? How much did you spend on the SG?

Comment

Yeah he said for wasting my time and pretty much trying rip me off he gave me both. The SG was around $1700 otd. It’s kind of funny I’ve never been big on blue guitars.

Comment

The Firebird alone is worth the same, if not a little more, than the SG. He definitely made things right.

Comment

Oh yeah.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

A nice haul. Glad he took very good care of you.
                  "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Those MLs are players! I miss mine. Almost pulled the trigger on that same model a couple times this summer.
                    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I love blue guitars. Not a huge firebird fan, but that looks nice. As far as the ML, Dime pickup set, Floyd \m/\m/! Is it set neck or neck through?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

The blue is growing on me. The ML is an older model set neck. the bridge pickup is a Bill Lawrence 500xl. It’s a lot more comfortable and versatile than I thought it would be.

Comment

Set neck and BL XL, that's a keeper.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X