Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    Here is my Warmoth. The body is swamp ash and flame maple (chambered) with a wenge/bloodwood/ebony neck with SS frets. The pickups are a 59/Custom Hybrid, Five Two and CLassic Stack. I also put in a Bladerunner trem.
    This is a blog about the wiring scheme.
    This is a blog about the wood choices.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0832.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	6015991Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1217.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	6015992

Leave a comment:

• zizyphus
    started a topic SHARE YOUR PARTSCASTERS!

SHARE YOUR PARTSCASTERS!

Well fellas, let's see 'em!

This was a second-hand Squier I picked up around 2000 – ye olde beginning fo the century. It was basically free, as it was a bit banged up and had been sloppily painted green and turned into somebody's punk rock beater axe.

I sanded off the green paint as best I could, and found weird splotches of red underneath it, as well as its originally cream color (!)

It was SSS when i bought it, but the original pickups are long gone. This was my original partscaster, and how I got my feet wet with gutting / wiring a guitar. My first move was to make it HSH using the stock hum buckers that I'd taken out of my Epiphone LP. I remember thinking that it sounded great, and it ignited my obsession with modding. I've since wired and rewired this baby multiple times over the years, and for a while, she was actually partly disassembled and collecting dust. Well, I have quite the parts box these days, and I had a few solid pickups that needed a home, so here's her latest iteration:

Bones
    -maple neck/ fretboard - an eBay neck I bought for $30 after selling the original Squier neck for about $80
    -unknown body material (possibly agathis from what I've read. This was probably a late 90s squier, and is an iteration with a full thickness body, not the slimmer bodies I've seen on more recent squiers, and with an oversized, 70s style headstock)
    -Maple cavity block – a maple block cut to fill the trem cavity

Hardware
    -GFS 4x2 gotoh style locking tuners
    -hardtail bridge with brass saddles

Electronics
    -Bridge: Burstbucker 3 w/ A6 magnet
    -Middle: Duncan SSL-6
    -Neck: '59 w/ A3 magnet
    -Volume pot: 500k w/ built in killswitch (for that buckethead / tom morello stutter sound)
    -Tone 1: No load 500k audio taper master treble cut w/ push/push "blower switch" (sends the bridge humbucker straight to the output, regardless of what the pickup switch / volume and tone knobs are set to)
    -Tone 2: 1M audio taper master BASS cut know w/ push/push phase control for the middle single coil pickup
    -5-way strat switch with a 680k resistor wired from the bridge lug to ground, to roll off a little extra treble from the bridge humbucker (the blower switch on the tone knob bypasses this, effectively brightening the bridge pickup to cut through a little more)

And voila!__PRESENT
Working...
X