Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unboxing Guitars

Maybe a strange thread but...

Who else here loves buying new or used guitars just for the excitement of unboxing them? It's a feeling that never gets old. I mean I don't just buy another guitar just to unbox it... but even if I'm not buying, I'm checking out other people's unboxing videos. I actually have yet another guitar to unbox today that should be here any moment via FedEx. What fun
    Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 09-12-2020, 07:52 AM.

I think it is actually stressful- hoping that it is OK. I'd rather just get on to playing.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I think it is actually stressful- hoping that it is OK. I'd rather just get on to playing.
      Yes, that thought is always there. And the wait is the worst...

Comment

i worked in a guitar store for 8 years...i opened enough guitar boxes for 10 lifetimes...it could be a real chore breaking out so many guitars then cleaning up all the packing materials. Still, when a cool guitar came through, there was always that "kid on christmas" magic when we got to break it out. nothing like it!
        Quality riffs in about a minute...
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

It's always exciting opening new toys.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Things like pedals and amps are less stressful. I think guitars are more fragile, so it causes more stress.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Interesting... I've never had a broken guitar arrive (over 75+) but I get super stressed about an amplifier... But in general, the odds of something being broken in the mail are fairly low.
              -=The Dali
              --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Working...
              X