LTD M-1000 vs ESP M-II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTD M-1000 vs ESP M-II

I’ll be in the rare position to afford a really, really sweet guitar very soon. Currently, I have a LTD M-1000 Deluxe, older one with an original Floyd. I thought it was neck thru, but it may be set-thru. Regardless, the only complaint I have is I’m not really into the gaudy abalone binding on the neck and headstock. Everything else is top notch.

I’m not looking for 3x better than the M-1000, but I’ve loved M-IIs since I was in high school. This M-1000 delivers everything I expected from an M-II... but I still kind of want a real one.

Similar things I’m looking at are Caparison, Vigier, or Jackson.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

I’m also looking at Solar Guitars. I know that a Schecter probably delivers similar quality for less money, but I like Ola Englund, and wouldn’t mind supporting him.

It’s weird... when I can finally afford to buy a stupid expensive guitar, I’m inclined to stick with the cheaper ones.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

So many choices to pick from when you have the cash for a new guitar. I, too, have been thinking about a Solar for years now. I like the design of them and the reverse headstocks. I'm sure they're well built guitars. I have yet seen one in any guitar store so I can try them, though, so that's really the only reason I haven't picked one up. If I plan on spending a lot on another guitar, I'd rather play them first. Also an ebony fingerboard for me is a must on anything over $600.

Comment

His new Artist guitars with the roasted maple neck & board, single volume, and single sized neck bucker are pretty slick.

The problem with any of the guitars I mentioned is the virtual impossibility of trying any of them out first. As far as I know Solar is only sold direct, and the others are either too expensive for most Ohio shops to stock (ESP & Jackson), or relatively obscure foreign brands most people haven’t heard of (Caparison & Vigier).

Another one I’ve been fascinated by for awhile is Strandberg. The ergo-shape and Endurneck seem cool, and I could score one of those gently used on Reverb and a new Solar for less than the ESP or Jackson.

Comment

Working...
        X