Jackson 2 point trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson 2 point trem

A buddy of mine has a guitar that well, needs a ton of work.
    The biggest issue I have is that he has a trem post height adjustment screw missing form his no-name import trem.
    I’m wondering if anybody knows anything about these trems and where I can get a replacement post. The guitar still has the bushings in the guitar.
    Ima asssuming (maybe incorrectly) that a Fender replacement part wouldn’t fit...?

Maybe its just worth it to buy a new bridge all together. I see them on eBay for $20 all day long.
    This is a low end guitar so it’s not really worth sinking a lot of money into.
    He just wants it playable so he can futz around on it.

Anybody?

Comment

Not sure about Jackson, but I have a hohner strat copy whose trem has a bent baseplate and I figured as neck pocket, scale etc are all standard, the trem would be a simple replacement job...

I have that project on the long finger as I am not looking fwd to routing and re-drilling the post holes for standard trem.
      Will happen someday but will probably be a while yet.

If it's a standard fender style 2 post trem, measure the distance post to post and that will give you a good idea if it has standard spacing, in which case it would be a relatively straightforward swap for the trem itself, but I suspect the specific part you're after may not be the easiest to source.

I guess the post diameter may give you a better idea.

Sorry for rambling

Comment

Everytime I've tried to find individual bridge parts, no vendor or manufacturer would sell me new replacement parts, only a whole new bridge. If you're patient (and lucky) you can find individual parts from others' defunct/broken/failed guitars, but then it's a grab bag - you don't know how the parts were treated and if they're still any good.

Comment

The have seen on eBay sellers selling the busing and screw-in height insert.
          I could take a chance on those.
          It would still be a crap shoot since I don’t know if the post would thread into the bushing that is already in the guitar.

I’ve never tried to remove a bushing form a guitar and I imaging that would he a huge pita. Plus I don’t really have the proper equipment to press a new bushing in, even if I could remove the old one.

Comment

Most of the screws are standard hardware store items.

The post itself may be hard to locate

But if it's just missing a screw,
            I would suggest removing the existing one and got to a local hardware store
            Those big box store may have a better selection but its usually much harder to find

EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
            X