Yamaha SG 700S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha SG 700S

I rescued this guitar several months ago and I've got to say if you ever get the chance to play and hear one do so without hesitation. The design is how I thought Gibson should have built their SG's. Not so much as the design of the horns but the thickness of the body. More like that of a Les Paul. The neck is similar to that of a Les Paul but just a little wider. The only thing that I've had to do is replace the nut. I also had to give it a overdue cleaning. The pickups sound very good. The neck pickup on this guitar is one of the best I've ever heard. Hands down. Pure jazz/blues heaven. This is definitely one of the best used guitar purchases I've ever made.

Those are good guitars.... as you've found.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

These Yamaha's are one of the most underrated guitars in my opinion.

Comment

The ones I've played have been great too, although a little heavy. They don't seem to have the neck dive issue of SGs though, which is a big plus.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

These guitars are very well balanced. The only thing, which is minor, that I don't like is the placement of the the strap button. For me, it gets in the way to the upper frets. Because of the placement I've had to bypass installing strap locks.

Comment

Working...
          X