Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD something pointy-shreddy this way comes

New Used Shredstick Guitar Day

I haven't had a shredstick stince 1994. I had a hankerin for an old HSS like I used to use. I had forgotten about the balancing act trying to get a floating Floyd in tune, but it's a necessary evil. I NEED one of these in the arsenal. Sounds a bit dark out of the box (another thread in the pickup lounge on that already) but with a choice of amps (or emulations) and some pickups out of the parts drawer, I think this will serve me well for the purpose. It's just a cheapy Indonesian stick, but fit and finish is ok, (needs a little setup), and I think I can work with this. Has a bit of that Guthrie Govan natual wood vibe and some class with the gold bits. To be honest, Ithink the day-glo basswood versions might be better and more balanced-sounding out of the box, but I can live this one. I totally expected to work on it before really playing.

That is awesome! I love that wood grain and the gold hardware adds a very cool touch. I want to put my hands all over it, congrats on your guitar man, please keep us updated with the pickups you decide to put in there. Hows the neck on that baby?

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarmusic View Post
      That is awesome! I love that wood grain and the gold hardware adds a very cool touch. I want to put my hands all over it, congrats on your guitar man, please keep us updated with the pickups you decide to put in there. Hows the neck on that baby?
      Very comfortable to play. It’s neck-through with a smooth gradation on the back through the top fret area. It’s a flat profile, but for some reason doesn’t feel like it. The frets are tall, so it almost has a scalloped feel. Very lightweight also. Very comfortable.

Comment

That’s a good looking Jackson. I hope you manage to keep the Floyd Rose in tune. In my limited experience, cheap Floyds need to be replaced. Have fun!

Comment

That rocks! I love the wood. Zebrawood? What is it?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Grats!

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              That rocks! I love the wood. Zebrawood? What is it?
              Yeah it’s the zebrawood model. Poplar body, maple neck through, laurel fretboard, zebrawood laminate on the body.

Comment

Are those Duncan Designed pickups?

Comment

That is gorgeous.

Comment

I'd imagine that the poplar is the dominant tone wood there. There probably isn't enough zebrawood to influence the tone (very common with tops like that).

Comment

A nice, very clean looking piece of zebrawood there.
                      Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Is this a special series that Jackson offered with exotic wood tops? Because I'd love to see other types of exotic wood-topped Jacksons or Charvels. I think it is a very classy look.

Comment

nice congrats. im in this mood too. just ordered a similar one last week too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                          http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                            Are those Duncan Designed pickups?

Yes, Duncan Designed Distortion and 2 Duncan Designed Hot Rails.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              Is this a special series that Jackson offered with exotic wood tops? Because I'd love to see other types of exotic wood-topped Jacksons or Charvels. I think it is a very classy look.
                              I'm mainly just seeing the Zebrawood on the low end at the moment. Unless you go to the $3000 / Wildcard / Pro / Artist series level. I wanted an HSS but didn't want to blow more than a few hundred bucks. I just want to work on my skills, maybe record or play out a little someday.

It's this model: https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...ood/2916342557

And I mean, literally, that exact model. Unless all Jackson guitars have the same serial number, somehow I managed to buy the actual guitar used on the web site for the beauty shots (though the previous owner kept the gold knobs and put black ones on.)

Jackson web site (looks like they whited out the CE international sticker part - not sure why)

Mine

Comment

Working...
                              X