• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Tone Output Jacks?

Anyone tried them? What do you think?

​​​​​​https://www.stewmac.com/electronics/...tput-jack.html
    Originally posted by Frankly
    PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
    Originally posted by Diocletian
    Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

Haven’t tried. Technically would work and provide better contact as advertised (being that electrons travel most along the surface of metals). Whether it’s worth it is a different argument.

Comment

Well... seeing that there usually isn't much resistance in a functioning plug/jack connection,

and the current is very small... I don't think you'd have anything to gain, except maybe that the jack won't fall out as easily .

EDIT: They look very good to me. For the price, I think I'd use them!

-Erlend
      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Their only real selling point is the reliability of the physical functions over time.
        I have a jack from a 1950's p90 set/harness that still works perfectly, so its not like a regular decent quality jack will fall apart in a few years.

Comment

I have them in a few guitars

They function the same

I have had jacks crackle and get loose

This solves that
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I'd like to purchase some, and install one in my guitar!

Thanks for the share.

-Erl
            If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

I swapped out some wiring and pickups and installed them. They seem to work fine. I don't know about better or worse. A jack either works or it doesn't. I wouldn't go out and replace all my jacks with these for no reason but I don't see why a person wouldn't use them if they needed a new jack. YMMV
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I've used guitars where this would be an improvement. But I wouldn't take out perfectly functioning parts- well, that goes for any parts, really.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I use them fairly often. Both for my guitars and customers guitars. Work good, feel solid.

Comment

I put one in one of my guitars because the cable kept coming out. Works great and now my cable fits nice and tight, but I can't hear any difference in tone.

Comment

I've got a loose crackling jack on one of my guitars...I think i'll try one.
                      Last edited by PoorMan; 10-20-2020, 09:38 AM.
                      Originally posted by Frankly
                      PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
                      Originally posted by Diocletian
                      Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

Comment

To be fair
                        the cannon/barrel jacks seem to fail most often for me
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
                          I'd like to purchase some, and install one in my guitar!

Thanks for the share.

-Erl
                          I think you should purchase some and install them ALL in your guitar!
                          “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I'd use them as a replacement part, for potentially better longterm durability.
                            I agree it doesn't seem like a worthwhile upgrade for a jack that works.

As for, "high and low frequencies are greatly improved creating a much more balanced sound while eliminating frequency spikes,"
                            I find that claim highly dubious, and doubt very much that this item will provide any tone improvement.
                            Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 10-20-2020, 01:32 PM.
                            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post

I think you should purchase some and install them ALL in your guitar!
                              Lol!

Well...

As I've owned, and lost- more gear and things, that most people will ever get to have...

I've decided to stay with only ONE electric , my Epi Wildkat Koa, and one amplifier. :/ .

I'll spend my spare change, to upgrade guitar (and amp "rig", with i.e. a better reverb unit). Instead of try "Hoarding" back the whole studio, I used to own.

-Erl

Comment

Working...
                              X