D'Addario NYXL Strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'Addario NYXL Strings

Wow, just tried these for the first time and so far I'm enjoying them. They feel different. I can hear the difference from just regular XLs, or Ernie Ball slinkys. Not sure how long they'll last but I might continue to buy these. Who else uses these strings? What do you think?
    Attached Files

I have tried them, the ones in your picture actually. I enjoyed them. They didn 't wow me enough to pay the price difference between them and the regular xls however.

Comment

Originally posted by PS412 View Post
      I have tried them, the ones in your picture actually. I enjoyed them. They didn 't wow me enough to pay the price difference between them and the regular xls however.
      Yeah I have only had them on for just two days. Feels not even broke in yet. For the price I usually get 3 for the price of these. I actually have a set of Ernie Ball 10-52 Cobalts that's next in line to try.

Comment

I strum hard and like gain. If I played more jangly ( ha, auto correct keeps changing that to manly ) and clean I would probably consider using them. They stay sparkly a little longer.

Comment

I bought a 3-pak, and liked them. But I'm not enough of a string connoisseur to have been able to notice any dramatic difference from my "go-to" XL's.

Comment

Expensive, but they last. I put some miles on my show guitars....
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I keep one of my guitars strung with NYXLs full-time. It's a naturally dark guitar and I like the extra sparkle and spank that I can get (for longer) out of those.

Honestly, I should probably just change the pots out to 500k. I'd save money in the long run, but I've got zero experience soldering on a pcb and it terrifies me.
              ---------------------------
              The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

i liked them, but didn't think they justified the extra cost.
                Quality riffs in about a minute...
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

D'Addario sent me several sets, and I've been using them. They are pretty expensive, so I might feel differently if I am paying for them, but I like them. They seem to last at least 2x longer than regular XLs, and the coating doesn't flake off all over like Elixers.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I don't think the NYXLs are coated.

Maybe you're confusing them with the XTs, which are (and which don't seem to flake, ime*).

*I've only tried the XTs on acoustic and bass, so I can't really speak to them on electric.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    the coating doesn't flake off all over like Elixers.
                    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

Comment

It's just a new epicly tone rich mixture for the alloy on the wound strings that I really like, not a coating. I use NYXLs for the 4th and 5th string with XLs for everything else and balanced. Ends up insane.
                      The things that you wanted
                      I bought them for you

Comment

The NYXLs are my favorite strings. Good balance of tone and longevity. At least for me some other brands start to sound dead and oxidize within a day or two of changing the strings. These guys sound awesome for a while and I’ve never broken one during practice, rehearsals or shows.

Comment

I'm a little curious how similar the metallurgical makeup of the NYXLs is to the EB paradigm strings. They both hit the market kindasorta the same time and both brag about being resistant to breaking.

String companies are so secretive, though, I doubt there's a way to get a straight answer.

Comment

All of you, every last one of you, you pronounce the name:

“Nix-el”, right?

Well you do now.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                              I'm a little curious how similar the metallurgical makeup of the NYXLs is to the EB paradigm strings. They both hit the market kindasorta the same time and both brag about being resistant to breaking.

String companies are so secretive, though, I doubt there's a way to get a straight answer.
                              The NYXL contains approximately double the carbon content in the core of the string. I don't know the specs on the EB paradigm strings.

The NYXL offer more durablilty and tune stability due to the patented, proprietary secret sauce.
                              Last edited by esandes; 11-16-2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X