banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice interview with Eddie Van Halen on Clapton, Beck, Hendrix....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice interview with Eddie Van Halen on Clapton, Beck, Hendrix....

Check it out. It's all guitar talk. I could have posted it in the Sound Room but that's kinda gone south... Eddie Van Halen on His Guitar Heroes and How He Found His Sound (yahoo.com)
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Always trips me out when he says he never really got into Hendrix... seems like the most obvious predecessor, given the reinventing of the wheel they both did and all.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
      Always trips me out when he says he never really got into Hendrix... seems like the most obvious predecessor, given the reinventing of the wheel they both did and all.
      I know what you mean. Eddie loved Clapton's humbuckers through a Marshall tone. Jimi used a whammy bar and Clapton didn't but Eddie sure did! I guess the sound of Strat single coils just didn't do it for Eddie.
      “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
        I always hear Beck when I hear Eddie's trem with the exception of the really aggressive dives and pulls. Still, we pull influence from players we are not actively listening to. It is not as if EVH never heard Hendrix.

Comment

Working...
        X