X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
    Add a second tree.
    That's what 70's Fender Strats have.

On a Tele I'd use a second Tele style string tree if I really needed one.

You know, the round one.

That'd look the most "right" if you're going to do it.

I've never needed too. Or needed two.
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
      I've never needed too. Or needed two.
      Lol ^

That has me thinking that switching to the vintage style tuners may fix my problem. The Reverend triple thing looks cool, though, is not expensive ($14), and would also fix my problem.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

But speaking of Teles, I like the looks of this one: Bruce Springsteen on SNL. Looks like Bruce is still using the Barden Tele pickups.

Comment

enough guitars? jack daley on bass in the clip. he grew up around here, been living n jersey for a while though. good guy and great player. was with lenny kravitz for a long time, then he and cindy left at the same time cause lennys a jerk.

bruce has been sporting the bardens for a long time. great pups and hes a decent player though you dont really get to hear much of what he can do

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            dont know if ive seen a three string tree
            StewMac has them.

Comment

We design, build and sell guitar accessories from our facility inside of Glaser Instruments repair shop in Nashville, TN.

Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                enough guitars? jack daley on bass in the clip. he grew up around here, been living n jersey for a while though. good guy and great player. was with lenny kravitz for a long time, then he and cindy left at the same time cause lennys a jerk.

bruce has been sporting the bardens for a long time. great pups and hes a decent player though you dont really get to hear much of what he can do
                Yes, I read that Garry Tallent didn't want to travel due to COVID concerns. Jack Daley's filling in I guess. They sound great though! Big sound. Bruce's singing is a little "pitchy" at times. Gettin' old I guess.

Comment

I saw Dan Erlewine demo installing a 3-string tree for Stewmac on Youtube and it looks like a more elegant solution.

Comment

You could
                    alternatively
                    Turn the tree you have side ways
                    And put a nail under it

A short nail of course
                    Maybe a bit of coat hanger

Just may have the vintage look to go wit the screw thread bridge pieces
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

^ That’s a really great idea. Gonna try it tonight.

Also, restrung the Tele last night, put a couple more wraps on than prior, and it helped. I think the retainer will do it, and make me not have to put 7 wraps on the post.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                      X