Derrig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrig

I saw that earlier where his manager was having a chuckle about how Slash was playing a well made copy and how everyone jumped on the bandwagon soon after. Still at $2,500 dollars in 1986 the guitar was anything but a cheap knockoff and his manager spared no expense in finding him a good guitar.

Comment

I remember reading about it in the 90’s and thought I struck gold. Just to find that Kris Derrig guy to build me one...
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I always thought Mike Clink was smart enough to know Slash was probably looking for a higher power sustain version of Robert Fripp's fuzzy max sustain 50s LP tone (example on this Eno track below)... so the Alnico Duncans made perfect sense to get this Fripp smooth power and sustain with more output and a little brighter

This Fripp tone is one of my favorite of all time

Tone at 1:47

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

What cracked me up is when Gibson decided to do a replica of the Derrig itself. So, we have a Clone of a Clone of a Gibson.

Comment

but of course since its a gibson, itll cost ya a ton!

Comment

There's always been considerable cross pollination of features in the guitar world.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                What cracked me up is when Gibson decided to do a replica of the Derrig itself. So, we have a Clone of a Clone of a Gibson.
                I have a dude I know that drones on about his Slash Les Paul. I just look at him and say "no such thing" and walk away. Pisses him off every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I have a dude I know that drones on about his Slash Les Paul. I just look at him and say "no such thing" and walk away. Pisses him off every time.
                  Cruel. Funny, but cruel.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                    I always thought Mike Clink was smart enough to know Slash was probably looking for a higher power sustain version of Robert Fripp's fuzzy max sustain 50s LP tone (example on this Eno track below)... so the Alnico Duncans made perfect sense to get this Fripp smooth power and sustain with more output and a little brighter

This Fripp tone is one of my favorite of all time

Tone at 1:47

LOVE THIS SONG!
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X