New Guitar Day: My First Fender!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guitar Day: My First Fender!

So, here is the outcome of my mysterious and critic Operation Big As Texas thread:

A 2002 Fender USA Texas Special Fat Strat! I saw this in Key West a couple of months back. I had a perfect drive day/time window, I called the pawn shop up, and they still had it. I took this as a sign that it was intended to be mine.

I have had hard, painful, gut wrenching GAS for a Lonestar since they first came out in 96/97. The Shoreline, with the rosewood, and that pearl pick guard. And then a Pearly Gates?!?!?!? So no, not an "official" Lone Star - but I don't care.

- USA
    - Shoreline
    - PG/Texas Specials
    - Two Point Trem
    - Pearl guard

It's a Lonestar! And it is minty!!!! Nice price too...

Last edited by Aceman; 12-20-2020, 10:39 AM.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

That is beautiful and so you. Play her in good health my friend and clean up the pencil marks on the wall.

Comment

very cool. i have a MIM version from the 2000s that i love. is that a PG or a PG+ in the bridge?
      Quality riffs in about a minute...
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Enjoy!
        Last edited by PFDarkside; 12-20-2020, 11:23 AM.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Very nice. That's a keeper.

Comment

id assume pg+ since thats what fender used most of the time. looks great!

bruce, i noticed the pencil lines first thing

Comment

Schweet!

clean the wall!
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Excellent purchase. Those are some great Strats right there.

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
                  very cool. i have a MIM version from the 2000s that i love. is that a PG or a PG+ in the bridge?
                  PG+

Comment

WALL: I'm going to paint - eventually.

That is a wall of guitar hangers. Line was to keep them level. Acey Deucey Productions studio under construction...
                    Last edited by Aceman; 12-20-2020, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Just spent some quality time running it through my Cube set for Blackface. Really really liked it. No doubt that PG is there to either play Leads or to Roc k out on the Bridge the whole time.

I have 10's on it now, but I'll switch to 9's for this.

Comment

Ah yes, come over to the Fender side. Congrats bro!
                        -
                        My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Why isn’t it an “official” Lone Star? What is it missing? I personally love the way it looks. If it is routed right, you can switch it to H/H. I myself am actually Jonesing very badly for a H/H Strat, with a Rosewood board, so you my friend have not helped my situation at all. May I ask what a good price in Florida is?

Congrats on a great looking guitar. Hope you soup it up just the way you want it.
                          Play more guitar.

Comment

Pretty damn sweet
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Of Late View Post
                              Why isn’t it an “official” Lone Star? What is it missing? I personally love the way it looks. If it is routed right, you can switch it to H/H. I myself am actually Jonesing very badly for a H/H Strat, with a Rosewood board, so you my friend have not helped my situation at all. May I ask what a good price in Florida is?
                              Congrats on a great looking guitar. Hope you soup it up just the way you want it.
                              Not "Officially" a Lone Star because they changed the name to "Texas Special Fat Strat" and moved a middle pickup. See the even spacing on this Lone Star?

Click image for larger version

Name:	fender-hot-rodded-american-lone-star-stratocaster-3066.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	6040661

$900 - Condition = Mint (no case)

No "Suping" needed - at best - which is not very likely, locking tuners, but this will be getting only minimal trem use for a touch of vibrato occasionally. No VH dives.

You sir, want what is called is called the "Big Apple" Strat. Two PG+, from about the same era....mid90's to mid 2000's. Also available in cool classic colors. If you can find one. Reverb has them for ~ $1k plus...

Click image for larger version  Name:	5416380_orig.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.5 KB ID:	6040658
                              Last edited by Aceman; 12-20-2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X