Spot the vintage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot the vintage

Like "Spot the Gibson, only they're both Gibsons. One is in a museum. The other is a 2018 model.

Click image for larger version

Name:	84AFAFD9-E927-47BE-B9C6-8B433D627D1A.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	6042349
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

No clue which is original, but I like the look of the top of the one on the right better.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Me too.

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      I like the look of the top of the one on the right better.
      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

Comment

If one is in a museum, and the other is next to it, aren't they, at the time the photo was taken, both in a museum?

Comment

This is why you have trouble maintaining a relationship with others.

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post
          If one is in a museum, and the other is next to it, aren't they, at the time the photo was taken, both in a museum?

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
            That's not a 'no'.

Comment

Ah, they all look the same to me.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a deliberately sprayed/faded burst from Gibson with the top bout as unburst - as is found on the RHS one.
                Also the pickup covers look more authentically vintage shaped on the RHS one too.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                  I don't think I've ever seen a deliberately sprayed/faded burst from Gibson with the top bout as unburst - as is found on the RHS one.
                  This is my line of thought too.
                  Beyond that I could only guess, but would suspect the one on the right is the vintage guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post

Haha. Amazing.
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

OK, here'e my guess

Left is the Vintage one in a Museum. Right is fake

Reasons:

Tuneomatic Bridge Positioning on the right guitar is wrong for a vintage LP -this evidence is strong IMO

Nitro is going to darken over time on the body -if one is in a museum -it's presumably a 50s/60s LP and gets some UV exposure causing this process of darkening to continue -but this is just a hunch.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The one on the left is the vintage Gibson, on the right is the Historic copy. It’s the bridge that gives it away for me. The post holes are smaller on the vintage Gibson and the bridge placement is just ever so slightly off.

Also, the one in the left is intonated more accurately.
                        Play more guitar.

Comment

I would have guessed the one on the right is vintage. But the pictures are small for me; can't zoom in and see details.

Comment

Some of you are correct.

Comment

right side
                              EHD
                              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                              X