banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best truss rod adjustment method is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best truss rod adjustment method is...

The little wheel thingy at the base of the neck, like Music Man (among others) uses. They look a little dumb, but they're still the best.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. I will not be taking questions at this time.
    Last edited by St_Genesius; 01-07-2021, 10:12 AM.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

I agree. The worst is the vintage Fender method.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The advantage of the heel adjustment is so small over the headstock adjustment... and you have to see it... always.

Its clear why most are still at the headstock.

Comment

i agree. they are my favorite as well.
        Quality riffs in about a minute...
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

I really like warmoth's side adjust. The wheel thingie next, then headstock adjustment. But I'd prefer any of them to heel adjust. Taking the neck off to futz with the rod is a giant pain in the ass.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

^^^ What he said. ^^^
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

My Falbo guitar has the cool wheel adjuster. It also has an absurdly stable neck that, when going from 9s to 11s didn't require an adjustment.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
                The advantage of the heel adjustment is so small over the headstock adjustment... and you have to see it... always.

Its clear why most are still at the headstock.

So small as in, impossible to get rounded off from repeated adjustment? The wheelie thing doesn't even need a hex wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post

So small as in, impossible to get rounded off from repeated adjustment? The wheelie thing doesn't even need a hex wrench.
                  That’s a pretty huge point in its favor.

Also, today I get to add visible truss rod adjustment points to the list of things I didn’t know anybody cared about. Also on the list is humbucker mounting rings.
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post

My bass guitar has a wheel.

Where is the adjustment rod? (Honestly idk, if I lose that I'm sol).

I've got a million allen wrenches.

Comment

I've got a million allen wrenches.
                      couldn't you use one of those allen wrenches to adjust the wheel?
                      Quality riffs in about a minute...
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

That’s a pretty huge point in its favor.

Also, today I get to add visible truss rod adjustment points to the list of things I didn’t know anybody cared about. Also on the list is humbucker mounting rings.
                        Do people like or not like the rings?
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

With the wheel, you can use literally any stiff rod slim enough to roughly fit. Like, I've used the tip of a small screwdriver plenty of times.

The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Do people like or not like the rings?
                            A lot of folks apparently dislike them a lot.

Comment

Of the ten humbucking pickups I have (spread not entirely evenly among five instruments) only four have rings, so I guess I'm 60% anti-ring?

Of course, the fact that I've never considered that ratio before suggests I just don't care.

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

A lot of folks apparently dislike them a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X