banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are high-end Yamaha guitars worth getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread got me all teary-eyed for my Eastman shopping days so I slid on over to Reverb to run the old game again and see what they had up.
    This is a 510 baby jumbo up right now, almost identical to mine except it has the slightly more rare slotted headstock.
    My other one is a 710.
    And it's Not Even Mentioned or listed as such, because the seller doesn't even know, which was my point, you have to know what you're looking at.
    And I got mine for substantially less than this is listed for, but that's what negotiating is for after all...

This is a dead-on blood brother to one of my Baby Jumbos, such a cool guitar.
    https://reverb.com/item/6423639-eastman-ac-510-om-orchestra-acoustic-dream

Click image for larger version  Name:	ooj1ejchar3d64gaytal.jpg Views:	0 Size:	176.3 KB ID:	6051855

Comment

I don't have any experience with that model, but I have played a lot on the Yamaha A series. I own an AC1R and my friend bought an AC3R after playing mine. Great sounding and playing instruments. I do think Martins sound a little better, but the Yamahas felt easier to play at that price range, especially as someone who mostly plays electric.
      sigpic
      Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Working...
      X