banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions whats a dead mint unplayed 2012 American Standard Strat worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions whats a dead mint unplayed 2012 American Standard Strat worth?

2012 Sunburst really nice chevron figure in the ash body maple board plastic is still on the pick guard and trem cover. Normally these guitars don't appeal to me but this particular one really speaks to me. Is very alive both unplugged and through an amp. Prices seem all over the map average seems right at 900 or so. Even has the sticker still over the trem hole for the trem tension spring. Estate find and absolutely was brought home and stuck under the bed. Tags case trem bar new guitar. Offered him $800 today and nada but is haunting me--. Can really use a good Strat right now with what I'm doing so--.
    Last edited by Ascension; 01-28-2021, 08:51 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

I got a 2012 MIM with the plastics still on dead mint at 40% off new list
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

$800.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Estate sale and they declined $800? Sounds fishy.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Estate sale and they declined $800? Sounds fishy.
          It's being sold for an estate by a small mom and pop music shop. The owner of the shop is a friend of mine. The guitar owner passed and they are selling it for the wife. The guy bought a matching maple neck Sunburst American Standard Tele and Stat and put both under the bed in 2012. On line average sold for these seems to be around $900 on Ebay and Reverb. That's actual sales prices listed on American Standard Strats with a Maple board.. Add shipping and tax (8% now on line in Alabama) and your looking at a grand total to buy a nice one on line right now. Most for sale on a BIN are up over a grand on the asking right now on both Reverb and Ebay. Haven't really looked at a real US Fender in years so I really don't know the market on these. I need a really good Strat for what I'm doing right now but don't want to over pay. A new Kiesel Delos is around $1700 the Lincoln Brewster $1900 and Suhrs well in the the $2500 range and up so--.
          It's unusual for me to pick one of these guitars up and really like it.
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Before I opened this thread, my completely non-scientific, unresearched, gut reaction to the question was "about a grand," so there you go.

​[​​​​​​QUOTE=Ascension;n6052149] 2012 Prices seem all over the map average seems right at 900 or so. [/QUOTE]
            ---------------------------
            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

What does the price tag that they have on it say?

Comment

$1200 and that's plus tax which would put it at $1320 OTD.. I'm thinking on offering a grand flat OTD including tax is a fair deal on this one. Shop owner made the call on the $800 offer to the seller and that would have been $880 OTD with the 10% tax. At a grand flat it would be me paying just over $900 plus tax.
                Guitars

Comment

Nah

Don't forget the "dead man owned" discount and tell em to bugger right off with their attempt to sell as some kind of NOS
                  "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

if they wont take $800, then your $1k out the door is a reasonable offer. if you really like the guitar then its worth it.

Comment

The first person to name a number in any negotiation always loses. Ask them for their number and start from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                        Nah

Don't forget the "dead man owned" discount and tell em to bugger right off with their attempt to sell as some kind of NOS
                        Fair price is fair price. Ron never pushed it in the shop as a NOS but it's cleaner than 98% of the guitars in Guitar center on the wall as new. Like I said plastic is still on the pickguard and trem spring cover in the back plus the round sticker has never been removed from the trem hole that keeps the tension spring in. This guitar is absolutely unplayed. Both it and the Tele are the same bought new and then stuck in the closet in 2012.
                        Guitars

Comment

The seller has a price....the shop has a cut on their time I am sure so you need to account for that....why not ask what the price is and go from there instead of guessing and offering, guessing and offering?
                          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Doing exactly this. I asked what the price was then looked up listings on my phone made the $800 offer it didn't fly. Went home pulled up more accurate data on Reverb and Ebay similar guitars that actually sold though market was higher than my offer. On these there are so many variables on the different models wanted other opinions as have really looked at buying a used real Fender in years. Went back spent some time with the guitar today and wanted to think on it. Will likely offer a grand flat including Tax on it. At the 10% tax rate here that puts me right at $900 on it which should be a fair deal on an exceptional example of a 9 year old guitar. The big draw for me is how clean it is and how even the response is all over the neck plus the tone and sustain of this particular guitar.
                            If he takes it great if not I just walk.
                            Last edited by Ascension; 01-29-2021, 09:35 PM.
                            Guitars

Comment

I would just ask what they want.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X