No announcement yet.

Electric Irish Bouzouki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeing as how stocks of all timber are getting harder to source..
    That is just a bald-faced lie. ALL STOCKS? Gimme a freakin break!

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

You obviously haven't tried buying timber in Australia...
      we are at the edge of the universe
      www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

You obviously haven't tried buying timber in Australia...we are at the edge of the universe
        And your view from Australia speaks for the entire planet? Don't think so. Suggest you reframe your statements.

Comment

oh calm down

seems like an odd bridge, why that design?

Comment

I agree - green with the overall aesthetic and the gold/brass hardware
            -=The Dali
            --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

And your view from Australia speaks for the entire planet? Don't think so. Suggest you reframe your statements.
              Sorry man obviously I have touched some nerve
              if my statement is incorrect then I recind it
              however timber is becoming a finite resource
              here in Australia we have had the worst bushfires in history, wiping out native forest the size of France
              and as most of the country is desert, that hurts
              the greed of man is also destroying places as diverse as Borneo and the Amazon basin
              so it's a bit dire
              plantation timbers and monoculture are replacing the diverse forest

so yeah, I'm sorry you are offended by this
              www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

It has nothing to do with my feelings - I deal in facts, and there is NO worldwide shortage of timbers. You do realize that trees are still growing, right? Especially on farms? You know about Bob Taylor's work in Africa and Southeast Asia in planting new ebony trees? You realize that many makers are exploring non-traditional timbers - especially timbers domestically available in their own area? It's not a shortage - it's merely a shift in choices on what timber is used and where it is grown.

My main complaint is your phrase "stocks of all timber". If you'd just say SOME, I would have left you alone. But you didn't - you engaged in hysterical language. Yes, koa is getting more rare. It only grows in Hawaii. But many makers are now choosing woods such as laurel, sen, sapele, meranti, and others because they are inexpensive compared to traditional woods like rosewood, cocobolo, etc.. In America catalpa is enjoying a sudden surge in use, because ash is in decline thank to emerald ash borer infestations. Martin has even explored using oak. It's harder to work with, but cheaper to buy.

Don't buy into the scare tactics about woods. Educate yourself, and realize this is a worldwide market - not just Australian. Change is the norm, and there are no shortages. The sky is not falling, the world is not ending.

Rant over.
                Last edited by ICTGoober; 03-09-2021, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Comment

Got a bit of colour and nitro on it, the weather has not been very conducive for spraying, rain, with extra added rain, and a sprinkle of rain on top..

www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

Also got this one in the works.. not a zouk..just your average guitar...

www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

I've had enough of the rain too. May 9 rain actually broke the highest daily rainfall record, which has stood since 1909. But the rain wasn't preventing me from doing anything as cool as your bouzouki! It is turning out great!

I wouldn't score that blue guitar as average either. It's real close to the Gibson Cobalt Burst which is my dream color!
                        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Gecko burst bouzouki, love it; can't wait to hear the heavy version of Zorba through the Rev.

'Average guitar' looks all right too .
                          Originally posted by dominus
                          Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Crossley View Post
                            Also got this one in the works.. not a zouk..just your average guitar...

Well, Peter, nothing you make is just "average".
                            Originally Posted by IanBallard
                            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

The book matching and finish on the blue one is astounding. Right on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe instead of attacking Peter, you should have just asked him what he means by "harder to source" so you could have responded with some inkling of intelligence. Do you realize that he could have meant harder to obtain because of a shortage OR because it is priced out of practical obtainability. Even common readily available timber like pine has increased in cost in the US by 300%. In Australia, it is even a worse scenario.
                                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                                X