No announcement yet.

Covid19 is really mucking up my business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suck that your business has been taken out. Stunning pictures as always. Maybe round some fret ends in your down time.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

I loves the purples, especially the stratty thing!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
        This one is pretty hot.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Hang in there dude, guitars look nice! I've lost of a ton of $$ during the Pandemic too. I'm trying to do anything I can during this free'r time because it will all be gangbusters when it get's cooking again -people will be so stir crazy it will be nuts!
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I didn’t notice the inlays.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I can't see any of the pics for some reason. Orpheo's aren't the only ones.

Comment

I wonder if you couldn't find an alternative place to work? Dutch people seem to be very good at making the most out of limited space... maybe you can find a nice rooftop in town to work on, or a barn if you're in the countryside

Either way, best of luck to you. That must be extremely frustrating.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Yeah, times have been tough for the entire range of locally owned businesses. Hopefully you'll be able to get things moving again when this blows over.

I like the switch location on the HSS one with the Floyd. I've noticed recently I've started liking my switches far enough away to where I rarely think of them.
                  You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                  Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I feel your pain Orpheo....

I was on a path to having the best year ever with my entire year's income already booked and on paper by early Feb of 2020! I was going to be well into a 6 digit income after already having a stellar 2019. On a flight from Mississippi to Los Angeles, I went from that reality to having 6 phone calls that had me jobless by the time I hit the ground 5 hours later in LAX. So is the story today as my company is pretty much gone with all the savings I had getting sucked up in just having a normal day-to-day lifestyle. I was lucky to be able to sustain a year off my savings. I am a live sound engineer BTW. So yeah, I was one of the first out and likely the last to be let back in. I do what I do when I can and even wrote up an application to work for SD at their shop ( not too far from me ) making pickups.

Keep fighting the good fight and hopefully, we can all go back to doing what we did.

Comment

Bide your time.

Mass closures should create many unmet needs sooner than later.
                      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                        I can't see any of the pics for some reason. Orpheo's aren't the only ones.
                        I'm sorry man I host them on Facebook so maybe there's a blocker in place where you are?

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                          Suck that your business has been taken out. Stunning pictures as always. Maybe round some fret ends in your down time.
                          I tried to have those super-rounded fret ends but I don't think that's really that cool to do. it's a pain to do it consistently so the way I do it, is the way I learned from my job. Just nib the corners away, round the tops and polish the living hell out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
                            I wonder if you couldn't find an alternative place to work? Dutch people seem to be very good at making the most out of limited space... maybe you can find a nice rooftop in town to work on, or a barn if you're in the countryside

Either way, best of luck to you. That must be extremely frustrating.
                            That's really difficult; I would have to move all of my gear An oscillating sanding thicknesser, a table saw, a bandsaw: those things weigh a TON and finding workspace is really difficult. I really do almost everything myself, from fretboard leveling to making the laminations etc etc.

It will be better eventually. But right now, I'm just not in a happy place.

@ewizard: man I'm sorry to hear your story. I feel your pain! Are you eligible for any g'vt assistance?

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post

I'm sorry man I host them on Facebook so maybe there's a blocker in place where you are?
                              Very possible since I'm looking on my work laptop. On my phone I can see them fine though. Same internet connection.

Comment

Orpheo, you are Dutch? maybe we chatted about this before -man, your country needs more of your Dutch made guitars -I'm amazed at how almost no guitar shops in Amsterdam or Rotterdam carry any Dutch or European made guitars. Pretty much all asian imports or American -I know it's the way of the world, but it's sad.
                                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                                X