Which combo?Your opinions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which combo?Your opinions....

I mostly play hard rock in the style of Whitesnake, Dokken, Europe, Firehouse etc.I played today a Rivera Chris Duarte model and it sounded great!Nice overdrive, nice cleans, nice crunch.I also want to try out the 5150 and TripleXXX combos.What do you think?Any suggestions?Thanx!

Re: Which combo?Your opinions....

I really like my 5150 combo. But if you must have good cleans then look elsewhere.

I would also recomend something that doesnt share the EQ with each channel.
    ---RCM78

Comment

i love my XXX combo. i dont play as much hairmetal stuff as you, but i think itll do that pretty well. i play a lot of dio and ozzy stuff on it, and thats kinda close.
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Look at ENGL combos like the screamer, if you can afford it you will most likely be blown away!
        My Soundclick page.

Comment

I'm waiting for the JSX combo! =)

Comment

Has anyone played any RIVERA combos?What do you think of them?Chris Duarte's model could play from ballads,country,blues to HARD rock even heavier stuff even though Duarte is a blues player.

Comment

i think the xxx sounds sweet for crunchy stuff.....cleans are aight.....

honestly though, there are a ton of different choices to choose from, you really are going to have to go to a guitar store for a few hours and try them all out.....
              esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
              fender mim standard strat
              peavey classic 30
              johnson j-station
              original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
              dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
              yamaha f-310p acoustic
              taylor 410 acoustic
              "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

If you play metal, you really should look into a head and cabinet. The Rivera is the most versatile amp out there, period. If you want killer gain, you should stick with the Rivera or try a VHT, as well. (I own Rivera and Engl gear and love 'em both, but the Rivera is still better)
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
                X