Ouchee momma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Cool. I might. I found a website that has many of the diagrams, but many of them are hand drawn and not too clear. I'd appreciate any documentation he might have. This is the X340 model.

Thanks.

Go here and email him (or call). His name is Ben...great guy.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Go here and email him (or call). His name is Ben...great guy.
      Thanks Dave.

Comment

How much does it weigh assembled?
        What year is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
          What in the wide world of sports is going on here?
          Late 70s premium Japanese LP copy with the somewhat gimmicky idea of onboard modular FX.

They were surprisingly expensive in their day. Listed almost as high as a Gibson LPC.

Kinda collectible these days. Cool stuff.
          Last edited by Adieu; 04-02-2021, 01:58 AM.
          "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Hang on... all the onboard effects are stock? Weird.

Good luck.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I played one of those at a store years ago. Fun little thing it was.
              "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                How much does it weigh assembled?
                What year is it?
                About 9 lb's. Early 80's. Heavy sucker.

Comment

I know Chris Squire from Yes had an Electra bass with those built-in effects, and used them quite a bit around 1978-1980. They sounded great when he used them.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                    Hang on... all the onboard effects are stock? Weird.

Good luck.
                    Stock might be misinterpreted as "included." Not included. Most modules where around $40 back then. The Phaser was around $70, and the Flanger came in around $135. Big bucks in 1984.

Comment

Have fun! Are the modules working individually? If so, it shouldn’t be all that bad right?
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                        Are the modules working individually?
                        I gotta do a bunch of work before I can even get to that point. The 9-volt battery connection is totally MIA.

Comment

Wowee, you don't see those every day!

Looks like this has the Maxon 'Magnaflux' pups, which were made using deliberately mismatched coils. Iirc, the square pole coil is the one with the higher dcr.
                          Originally posted by dominus
                          Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                            Wowee, you don't see those every day!

Looks like this has the Maxon 'Magnaflux' pups, which were made using deliberately mismatched coils. Iirc, the square pole coil is the one with the higher dcr.
                            Yup. They're called "Super Magnaflux." They work good, and sound good. But I can't try them individually 'til I rebuild the rotary "superswitch."

Comment

Yeah. Not that long ago you couldn't give those things away even as fridge magnets, now people have figured out that they actually sound fine .

Do you happen to know what kind of magnet they were loaded with? I've seen some taken apart and it looks like a kind of alnico.
                              Originally posted by dominus
                              Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                                Do you happen to know what kind of magnet they were loaded with? I've seen some taken apart and it looks like a kind of alnico.
                                No. And I can't dig TOO deep into this because it's a customers guitar. I just gotta make it work.

Comment

Working...
                                X