Views:	98
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	6101461

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post

Just listen to it and learn the tune

I was about to say, let's go back in time to the beginning and listen to Judas Priest. Add Iron Maiden to that list as well. No drop tuning, just an abundance of chug.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    One doesn't need a book.
    Just look within.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Jack_TriPpEr
    replied
    I think an ideal song to practice along to for "My First Chug Song" - both stylistically and because the tab is readily available for free on the internet - is "Am I Evil?" as covered by Metallica.
    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 08-02-2021, 08:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jack_TriPpEr
    replied
    Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
    Here's the mentioned video of Ola teaching how to chug:

Also, as it has been said: power chords, power chords and power chords.
    Right, power chords, absolutely. So when Ola mistakenly says "E minor" chord at Step 1 instead of "E5", I knew that it would cause confusion for the two Anderton guys. You hear them ask for clarification about 5 minutes into the video and Ola's like "oh, no, just the low E". Which still isn't a 100& accurate statement, but I give Ola a pass since English is not his 1st language.

The correct statement from the get-go would have been "you chug on low E only, and only hit other strings when you're stabbing at power chords occasionally for pauses/breaks in that chug rhythm, like E5 or F5, G5, etc".
    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 08-01-2021, 08:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Thrash_Metal
    replied
    Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
    Here's the mentioned video of Ola teaching how to chug:

That's was painfully funny

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Up early this morning. Chugging coffee.

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    Got my workout in, so now I'm chugging for the rest of the night. First it will be beer, then it will be root-fifths!
    I'll be getting some help with the latter from my new black SD-1. I love the way it spikes the gain without changing the tone as much as a green ts.
    Last edited by dave74; 08-01-2021, 12:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eclecticsynergy
    replied
    Didn't HP Lovecraft write of the Chugronomicon? That musty tome bound in timeworn skin and thought lost to the mists of time, which somewhere in deepest shadow awaits him who dares utter words long unspoken to unseal its sequestered gate and, shrouded in darkness, tread the murky ancient paths of arcane power beyond its veiled threshold..

Leave a comment:

• idsnowdog
    replied
    Install your Livewire Metal in something+change strings to 13's, tune down to C#, and reintonate for C#.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by EricCartmannn View Post

Well, you have to take it to the next level =)
    At this point, I can chug on an acoustic.

Leave a comment:

• EricCartmannn
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post

I was forced to use the chug. In my early days I was playing with so much stacked gain I kept my palm on the bridge to control feedback. The chug became a big part of my writing and playing.
    Well, you have to take it to the next level =) And I can also tell you what to read for general development. I recommend to read about Frankenstein, it is a very life story and there you can learn a lot of interesting things for yourself, which can then be transferred to the music. Look it up yourself and read an essay about it, you could check here for that and learn more. It will also help you look at the story from different angles.
    Last edited by EricCartmannn; 08-01-2021, 02:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by bigcupholder View Post
    In addition to everything else, I'll add that when recording you should use less gain and double or triple track your parts to get them to sound huge but clear.
    Ah. Who would've guessed that "chugging" and the Spice Girls had anything in common!

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    It is one part of guitar I was never interested in. But its great we have choices.
    I was forced to use the chug. In my early days I was playing with so much stacked gain I kept my palm on the bridge to control feedback. The chug became a big part of my writing and playing.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

I'll "Google" it. Thanks.
    Just listen to it and learn the tune

Leave a comment:

Working...
X