Should everyone own a telecaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post

I know I've seen in years past, either a Fender or Squier version of a Tele with arm contour. So they're out there.

I would also recommend you get a Tele w a middle pup - or be ok with modding the pickguard yourself to add a middle pup - so you can nip in the bud, a potential future itch for rhe quack of a Strat. 2 birds w 1 stone.
    I find that a middle pickup for me, is more than anything just in the way. Lol
    I kinda like the quack tones but my picks hit that middle pickup.

Comment

I know I've seen in years past, either a Fender or Squier version of a Tele with arm contour. So they're out there.
      My Tele Plus has the belly contour and a flat top. It seems to do the trick because I never really notice my arm rubbing on it.

That could have a lot to do with the couple years I spent playing bluegrass somewhat recently, though. After you get used to curling around a dreadnought, any electric guitar seems comfortable.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

pic , please?

Comment

The first real guitar I played on was a friends tele. I avoided tele's for years and then went through a phase of picking up the various configurations of them and in doing so I have become quite fond of them. Everybody should have at least one Tele IMO.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

My Tele Plus has the belly contour and a flat top. It seems to do the trick because I never really notice my arm rubbing on it.

That could have a lot to do with the couple years I spent playing bluegrass somewhat recently, though. After you get used to curling around a dreadnought, any electric guitar seems comfortable.
            For me, having the belly contour is more important than having the arm contour. But having both is better.
            Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

For me, having the belly contour is more important than having the arm contour. But having both is better.
              I usually get both contours for my Teles–only exception is my Semi-Hollow Tele.

Comment

I came across this tele. Its $129.99 on Amazon. At that price, I could have the contours done. I don't have the tools to do it myself. Anyone have one of these? Click image for larger version

Name:	7173wMitQsL._AC_SX522_.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	6074680

Comment

The only thing I know about donner is that they make some of those cheap mini pedals.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Both contours are a must for me. And I need better angles on the switches and knobs. I just invented a Strat.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

LP and Strat must have...tele for the challenge and expanding horizons...
                      Roy Buchanan, Steve Cropper, Greg Koch, Brad Paisley...

Comment

No

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Comment

Everyone should own whatever makes them happy. I feel that owning a tele type guitar has definitely made me a better player. It's really different, I don't know why but it's seemingly harder to play and sound good.

25 years ago I tried a tele and it's been the only one before or since. I decided right then and there that this guitar was not for me. It's funny because the guy that owned it said you don't play Tele, a Tele plays you. Since I got this one it's becoming one of my favorites.

Get one, get a cheaper one and try it, nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
                            The telecaster I got my eye on is a Squier Affinity in Butterscotch Blonde, cause I don't want to spend much. Reviews look good. I can always upgrade it later if do end up liking the guitar. If not, it can easily be returned. What worries me the most, though, is not having the contour for your arm to rest on. That is one of the reasons I don't own many arch top guitars.
                            Stupid but I was also eyeing the Affinity because of the smaller body and nut.

Comment

A Tele is a piece of wood in a certain shape. If it moves you, great. If it doesn't, also great. It makes no difference if you play Teles or not.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                                Stupid but I was also eyeing the Affinity because of the smaller body and nut.
                                I just placed my order on the Squier Affinity Tele. I decided if I was going to buy one it would be a traditional one and Butterscotch Blonde. There is so many choices out there for a budget tele. Lot of choices. I almost pulled the trigger on the cheaper Donner above, but I would rather have a maple board. I have had good experiences with Squier guitars in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X