About Fender Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Fender Amps

Which model has only clean channel besides the Hot Rod. I had 3 of those and they are good amps, just thought they were too bright..... I am looking for an amp with any Wattage that have a clean channel no breakup at any level.......

I know bassmans breakup but how are the cleans?
    How about the Twins, or the Super Reverb?

Just want the clean channel to be warm sounding with good mids highs and lows but not over the top birght or dark..........Yeah I know asking for the perfect amp

Any thoughts,

Thanks
    Last edited by pureoldsound; 05-19-2004, 07:17 PM.
    Gear:
    Gauge Custom Guitars Double Cutaway
    1988 Strat (copy)
    Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w
    Voodoo amps 20:20 and 50:50 cables
    Bob Burt Custom CabinetsCustom 2x12 cab

For Sale:

Re: About Fender Amps

Find an older Pro Reverb. Same setup as a Twin, 2x12 combo, but only two 6L6 power tubes for about 40 watts output. It's not totally clean, but by the time you get it into distortion territory you'll be deaf anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin Lee Fan
      Find an older Pro Reverb. Same setup as a Twin, 2x12 combo, but only two 6L6 power tubes for about 40 watts output. It's not totally clean, but by the time you get it into distortion territory you'll be deaf anyway

LOL!!!

Comment

I should have edited my post it doesn't matter how many watts...Some have recommended the Deluxe reverb...Any thoughts on that...
        Gear:
        1988 Strat (copy)
        Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w

For Sale:

Comment

The most awesome sounding "high headroom" Fender amp I've heard is the discontinued 90's Dual Professional 2-12 combo. They came out with the Vibroking and Tonemaster, but the D.P. got discontinued, maybe because they had NO breakup, just pure clean glassy richness. For a warm clean tone, I always like 2-12 combos.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
            The most awesome sounding "high headroom" Fender amp I've heard is the discontinued 90's Dual Professional 2-12 combo. They came out with the Vibroking and Tonemaster, but the D.P. got discontinued, maybe because they had NO breakup, just pure clean glassy richness. For a warm clean tone, I always like 2-12 combos.
            So I hear....Also the duals are very expenssive amps.....
            Gear:
            1988 Strat (copy)
            Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w

For Sale:

Comment

How about that new Twin with a single 15 inch speaker? I bet that has plenty of headroom...

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

Comment

I Own an original Fender BF Pro Reverb amp and it's a great amp...Problem is,today you'll pay easily over 1K for one...The Deluxe Reverb Reissue is a great amp at 22 watts and is very versatile...The reissue Super Reverb w/4x10s and 40 watts is nice and so is the 65 Twin Reverb reissue...If you get the 65 Twin you will need pedals to get anything other than high headroom clean tones..The Twin is 85 watts of loud,clean power..

I Like the 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue alot and Midnite Man can give you alot of scoop on this amp..

John
                Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I really don't need this amp for to have any overdrive. I will use some pedals for it. Also I'll be using a Voodoo amp V-plex (1968 Marshall plexi replica) for those dirty sounds.....So I need the amp to be clean.....I've been reading about the deluxe reverb and some people say that it is actually bright...others say that it breaks early....
                  How about an old Bassman?????
                  Gear:
                  1988 Strat (copy)
                  Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w

For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by pureoldsound
                    I really don't need this amp for to have any overdrive. I will use some pedals for it. Also I'll be using a Voodoo amp V-plex (1968 Marshall plexi replica) for those dirty sounds.....So I need the amp to be clean.....I've been reading about the deluxe reverb and some people say that it is actually bright...others say that it breaks early....
                    How about an old Bassman?????
                    It is bright but you can remove the volume control's bright cap...Again ask Midnite Man about this amp.He has the total and tonal scoop on it...The Bassman is a great amp also,but lacks reverb?

John
                    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

The DRRI is a great amp with plenty of headroom. It's a bright amp, but there's a few things you can do to one to tame it a bit.
                      The amp has really great tone, and for 22 watts it'll get your ears ringing just fine when you crank it up to about 4. To me, 22 watts of tube power puts my 60 watt solid state amp to shame.
                      It's also a lighter amp to carry around, if that's an issue. Those Twin Reverbs and Bassmans are boat anchors, but they sound great, too!

Comment

I own a 79' Twin Reverb and it is surely the best clean sounding one ever...it distorts only on full preamp volume and makes you deaf))...I mostly rely on power tube volume for cleans and using pedals for my overdrive\distortion needs...great sound...
                        90' Heritage H-147 w/Schaller Golden 50's
                        99' USA Fender Stratocaster
                        96' Fender Montara Electric/Acoustic
                        79' Fender Twin Reverb 135W w/JBL's + Line 6 DM-4 + Boss OD-1 Overdrive + MXR DynaComp + Boss CH-1 Super Chorus + Jim Dunlop Crybaby

Comment

Originally posted by midnite_man
                          The DRRI is a great amp with plenty of headroom. It's a bright amp, but there's a few things you can do to one to tame it a bit.
                          The amp has really great tone, and for 22 watts it'll get your ears ringing just fine when you crank it up to about 4. To me, 22 watts of tube power puts my 60 watt solid state amp to shame.
                          It's also a lighter amp to carry around, if that's an issue. Those Twin Reverbs and Bassmans are boat anchors, but they sound great, too!
                          Does it needs to remove a cap for the over brightness? The same happens with the plexi RIs.......
                          Gear:
                          1988 Strat (copy)
                          Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w

For Sale:

Comment

Have you considered any Hiwatt amps?

My 50watt DR504 using only the "Bright" input stays amazingly clean & gets super loud.
                            The "Normal" input gets nice & crunchy when cranked, but you don't need/want that.

Just another option for ya'.....they're pricey but SWEET!!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                            Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                            FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by pureoldsound
                              Does it needs to remove a cap for the over brightness? The same happens with the plexi RIs.......

There's a cap at the "C10" location on the circuit board that all the control pots are soldered into. The cap only needs to be snipped on one side or the other. That's the easy part. It's a little of a hassle, but the amp chassis has to be removed from the cabinet in order to get to the control-board which also has to be removed from the cabinet to get to the cap. Well worth the effort when done, though. The treble in it stock is just too brittle for my ears, and left 'em ringing more than they should. Guess I could've used earplugs?
                              When I first played a DRRI it was at a Guitar Center store, and I couldn't really crank it up long enough to get an actual feel for what the amp's capabilities were. But after buying one, taking it over to Bob at Eurotubes and having him install new JJ's and bias, and then cranking it up there and in my living room, it is totally more than enough to fill the room and part of my neighborhood with sound.
                              At 4 on the volume it goes into that "breaking up" mode....a Tubescreamer isn't really necessary at that point....no booster is. It has a very classic rock sound, and it's an amp that's used often in recording studios.
                              I have a 60 watt Fender Blues DeVille 2x12 combo that I used exclusively before the DR, and I really like the output of the amp.....but I can't turn it up past 2 without watching stuff fall off the shelves. Cranked to almost 4 in order to get the tubes warmed up enough for the tone I wanted, I had to use a volume-box.
                              That amp is best suited for a big hall where it can stretch it's legs a little easier. Excellent blues amp. But the DR is and will remain my main squeeze. It's plenty loud and does everything I want to do with single-coil and humbucker equipped guitars.

Comment

Working...
                              X