Tell my i shouldn't do this. .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell my i shouldn't do this. .

Put a high pass filter on both the volume and the tone pots? ? ?

EDIT: I meant to say the VOLUME and TONE.

Sorry
    Last edited by solspirit; 04-24-2021, 07:57 PM.

Why not? G&L has bass cut knobs on some of their guitars. I cut bass with an EQ pedal before the amp. If you want that functionality on your guitar, go for it.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Sounds like an easy thing to do. Some people don't like mids or lows. This is perfect.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll try it.

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
          Why not? G&L has bass cut knobs on some of their guitars. I cut bass with an EQ pedal before the amp. If you want that functionality on your guitar, go for it.
          It's for a Squier, I like the mids & lows in the bridge so I'll only try it on the other tone pot.

Comment

Install a Fender TBX. It's a stacked pot that enables the player to cut highs or lows depending on which way you turn the knob. Only $15, too.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I'm interested to hear about the results.

However, I'm also equally interested in being sassy and following your post's title's request. DON'T DO IT!
              Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face

Comment

Jump! Jump! Jump!
                I mean do it! Do It! Do it!
                Why not, could be interesting.

Comment

I wired up a regular tone control along with a bass roll-off in a guitar. Ended up not using it as much as I thought I would, and removed it - but maybe should have played more with cap values.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                    I wired up a regular tone control along with a bass roll-off in a guitar. Ended up not using it as much as I thought I would, and removed it - but maybe should have played more with cap values.
                    Yeah, I've got one of these thanks to Artie.

Comment

Bump for a reread.

my apologies I meant to say volume and tone pot.

Comment

Why not just turn the bass down on the amp?

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                          Why not just turn the bass down on the amp?
                          I only want to do it on the neck pickup and I don't want to change the amp settings every time I switch pickups, that's what I'm doing now and I want to try and get away from that.

Comment

What's the result? Are you doing a bass cut control or trying some different caps?

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
                              What's the result? Are you doing a bass cut control or trying some different caps?
                              I'd like to try some different caps anyway but the neck and middle pickups are way too bright.

Comment

Working...
                              X