NGD: Accidents happen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Accidents happen...

So, I was at my local Sam Ash (Because GC can go ^%##@ themselves unless I need a strap). A friend said check out this Jackson. It's pretty excellent. So I did. And it was. But no new guitars and whatnot....But it wouldn't leave me alone. I kept thinking about it. I was jonesing. My skin was itching (mostly because I got a sunburn at the Blue Angels last weekend). And then it came to me!

1. I had a crappy BC Rich Platinuum project guitar I hadn't played in ages, wasn't going to and wasn't gonna work on
    2. I had a cheap Cadillac X with a broken knob I also wasn't gonna paint/doctor
    3. And I had a perfectly functional Jackson JS32 Dinky that was "Natural" that I was going to refinish, theoretically.

SO.....I took all that crap down and turned it into this! Is it maybe a little too orange?

Anyway - I didn't pay anything (tax), I got rid of crap I didn't and wasn't going to work on / play, girlfriend is happy less guitars, and I'm happy because ripping little Jackson. Took it for a test drive and with my H&K TM18 and an H2O pedal. Shredderiffic.

Also turned a cheap@$$ dean into an MXR Custom Bad@$$ '78...

Much gear win today! My Scarlett 2i2 also showed up.

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Nice. Very nice score. Love my Jackson. I believe that's a poplar body? Love the color.

Comment

Nice. It reminds me of my DXMG, aside from not having the reverse headstock, oh and being orange. How do the stock Jackson pups sound?

Comment

Very nice Jackson. I really like that color! Those are great guitars with good stock pickups.

You didn't happen to see the new Jackson model in the same price range as that one but with a roasted maple neck did you? Can't remember the model, but they come in satin black and red with maple board and black sharkfin inlays.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Nice. Very nice score. Love my Jackson. I believe that's a poplar body? Love the color.
          No idea. Don't know. Don't care.

I do know that I'm gonna likely polkadot it, racing stripe, or tiger stripe it, or something with decal. need to break up the volume of that paint!

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
            Nice. It reminds me of my DXMG, aside from not having the reverse headstock, oh and being orange. How do the stock Jackson pups sound?
            I have a DX10 in Cherry Sunburst with 103's and a reverse headstock.

Pickups sound fine. Much like my V, no rush to change them up. Not sure what I have laying around....

Comment

A buddy of mine got a left handed Soloist about six months ago, it came stock with DD's, probably the ones that are based on 59/JB set. It sounds fantastic.
              Thinking about maybe those guitar skins?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the colour. Too bad the headstock isn't matching.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

reflective stripes and some safety warnings

Auesum

EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Getting rid of stuff you won't use for something you will is always worth it. I wanna hear more about the pedal.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

That’s nice and perfect for your band. Doesn’t get much better than that with how you got it.

Comment

Gee..... I like Caddy X's.... Why didn't I know about it?
                        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I think Caddy X's are way over-priced/rated. They go for like $200+. Ridiculous!!!!

Comment

I'm liking that orange! Although tiger stripes would also be cool.
                            I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
                              I'm liking that orange! Although tiger stripes would also be cool.
                              This. Click image for larger version

Name:	Kramer-KPVRTIBF1-HERO.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	6076094

Comment

Working...
                              X