Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything axe install issue

Hello everyone,

I’m new to the forum and could use some assistance. I own a 1964 strat that I have modified since 1968 several times. I recently purchased a loaded everything axe pickguard to use in it. The install went ok however, the bridge pickup cavity appeared to be a little narrow towards the input jack side so I sanded that area out a little and it seems to help but the pickguard still will not seat all the way down. The only obvious difference in what I exchanged the pickguard from is the wiring on the everything axe is thicker so I’m not sure if that’s part of the problem. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thank you,

Roger

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you've got a nice guitar there.

Wish I could offer more, but I'll let some more knowledgeable members chime in.

One thing I will ask though; did you buy the pickup set or a pre-wired pickguard?

Comment

where is the guard not seating correctly? do the screw holes line up properly?

Comment

Originally posted by Rowens1777 View Post
        Hello everyone,

I’m new to the forum and could use some assistance. I own a 1964 strat that I have modified since 1968 several times. I recently purchased a loaded everything axe pickguard to use in it. The install went ok however, the bridge pickup cavity appeared to be a little narrow towards the input jack side so I sanded that area out a little and it seems to help but the pickguard still will not seat all the way down. The only obvious difference in what I exchanged the pickguard from is the wiring on the everything axe is thicker so I’m not sure if that’s part of the problem. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thank you,

Roger
        Is the switch in the new setup larger than the old one?

Comment

So I expect it's the Liberator that is too big for that spot? Or are you saying the wires can't thread through the space between the pickup and the pot/control area in the body?

Comment

I think it might be the Liberator. I don't remember the cavity for the late 60s Strats compared to modern ones. I think those had some kind of 'shelf' that new ones don't have, but I don't remember. If you can, take a few pics.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thank you everyone! The pickguard was purchased loaded, the holes all line up but the problem appears to be the bridge cavity and bridge pickup. I agree with the idea that the bridge cavity may still be too narrow to allow the wires to run along the pickup in the cavity. I don’t have a liberator and I also thought the problem might be the volume pot meeting the bridge pick up and depth in the cavity. I’ll get some pictures taken this weekend and keep looking. I really appreciate you all passing along your thoughts.

Comment

Working...
              X