Les paul copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les paul copy?

I bought this les paul copy a few years ago and after all this time I still can't figure out what brand or year it is from. From the body shape and the indent of an oval thing, possibly a logo plate, I would say a Stagg but those do not have the same headstock shape. It is a set neck guitar.

It kind of reminds me of when Agile re-did their lower bout. I don't think that's what it is though.

Comment

Body shape looks like it, but the headstock is different... Have seen multiple brands where either the body or headstock shape was the same but no luck finding both on the same guitar yet.

Comment

Made in Asia...Could be anything. Better pix with more detail might help.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Any suggestions of what kind of pictures might help? There is no serial number, date or anything on it

Comment

Headstock front and back
            control cavity
            Back of pickups
            bridge
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

It does a bit, but those had asymmetrical headstocks, iirc.

I remember at one point St Blues was using the same horn cut as Agiles, but I can't recall what headstock they had at the time.

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
              It kind of reminds me of when Agile re-did their lower bout. I don't think that's what it is though.
              ---------------------------
              The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Firefly uses that head stock now
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

More important question: How does it feel and sound?
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

It's hard to tell with just the one (not great) photo above, but to my eyes, the Firefly headstock has a more pronounced bump in the middle.

Also, I mostly (only?) see that headstock on their semi-hollows; all the LP-copies of theirs I can find have a more complicated headstock shape.

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                    Firefly uses that head stock now
                    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

Comment

Looks like a Dillion to me
                      My Bands -
                      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Headstock looks dead-on- even down to the tuner buttons - but the horn isn't quite right. The Dillions don't look quite as truncated to me.

Still, this is the best guess so far.

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                        Looks like a Dillion to me

Comment

Got some more pictures for you guys.
                          Sure looks kinda like a dillion, but those all have a logo and some kind of crown on the headstock while this one has the indent of I think a logo plate that has fallen off.
                          ​​off.
                          I got the guitar as a project so no original pickups or bridge. Also the guitar kind of sounds like it is hollow from a bit up at the bridge pickup until around the tailpiece but no sign of this in the pickup cavaties.

Comment

Working...
                          X