Need help wiring HH Tele with single 3-way mini toggle for coil splits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help wiring HH Tele with single 3-way mini toggle for coil splits

This is for a Telecaster, with a control plate that has an angled switch and volume knob that is moved back a 1/4 inch, so there is limited space and can't fit 2 toggle switches for each pickup.
    I will be using a push/pull for the tone knob that will simply bypass the tone control in the down position, like another guitar I have. I do not want the volume to be push-pull, because I find push-pull volumes finicky.

I want to use a heavy duty 3-way switch for the pickup selector, and no more than a single wafer switch will fit due to angled/slanted positioning of the PU selector switch in the control plate.

For the reasons above, my option is to use a 3-way mini toggle switch for the following configurations:
    1) Both pickups in humbucking mode.
    2) Single coil mode for the neck only, and humbucking for the bridge.
    3) Both pickups in single coil mode

This will allow me to go straight into single coil mode when I flip to the neck, so I'm not juggling 2 finger-switches while tap dancing with foot-switches when going to cleans, while leaving full humbucking mode available, as well as accessing the single coil mode for the bridge when I need it.

Is this possible?
    ​​​​​​
    Thanks.

It's possible

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      It's possible
      Do you or anyone else know how? Thanks

Comment

Splitting coils only uses one side of a mini-toggle. And so...

A typical 3-way mini-toggle connects lugs like 'type 2' seen in this image:

...when you are in the middle position, one side will split a coil and the other will not. So wire the neck red-white (if a Duncan pickup) to the side that splits in the middle position and wire the bridge to the side that doesn't change when in the middle position.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Splitting coils only uses one side of a mini-toggle. And so...

A typical 3-way mini-toggle connects lugs like 'type 2' seen in this image:

...when you are in the middle position, one side will split a coil and the other will not. So wire the neck red-white (if a Duncan pickup) to the side that splits in the middle position and wire the bridge to the side that doesn't change when in the middle position.
          Blammo. Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
          X