banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing techniques to help make your dreadnaught guitar sound brighter and balanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny- the last acoustic I bought with no concern about how it sounded in the room- it had to sound great through a PA. I ended up with a Godin Multiac. String size or technique doesn't matter a ton because the signal is blended with a Fishman model of a well-recorded acoustic guitar.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      It's funny- the last acoustic I bought with no concern about how it sounded in the room- it had to sound great through a PA. I ended up with a Godin Multiac. String size or technique doesn't matter a ton because the signal is blended with a Fishman model of a well-recorded acoustic guitar.
      While it's a pretty cool guitar, a Multiac isn't an acoustic. It's an electric guitar that doesn't use magnetic pickups. :P
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

While it's a pretty cool guitar, a Multiac isn't an acoustic. It's an electric guitar that doesn't use magnetic pickups. :P
        True, but it sounds like well-recorded acoustic through a PA, which is why I got it. In a room not plugged in, it sounds like a banjo.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

On an Acoustic Guitar?? that's tiny

Acoustic guitar need tension and size to resonate the body at their best.
          My Farida dreadnaught came with 011's,

and I've been putting 011's on it ever since I got it, 15 years ago \m/ .

It seems to be happy with it;- so do I.
          If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post

My Farida dreadnaught came with 011's,

and I've been putting 011's on it ever since I got it, 15 years ago \m/ .

It seems to be happy with it;- so do I.
            Cool, Must be an atypical acoustic.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
            X