Best Value in Stratocasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me like big 70s headstock.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Get a pos bullet hardtail lol.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Go get a used MIM and start making it yours.

Comment

EART
          roasted maple neck
          Stainless steel frets
          Nice pickups

Looks.like a nice strat for less than $300 new
          The purple is beautiful
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            me like big 70s headstock.
            My '66 Strat has not only the big headstock, but it's thicker as well. The tuner holes just clear the wood. It sustains like my Les Paul Standard. They make a great stereo left/right pair.

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
              EART
              roasted maple neck
              Stainless steel frets
              Nice pickups

Looks.like a nice strat for less than $300 new
              The purple is beautiful
              Specs seem nice (assuming execution and QC are good), but how do you know about the pickups? Personal experience? Or do they have a model with branded pups?

Although in any case, it doesn't really seem like a strat-strat... more like something along the lines of some Schecter or Charvel models
              "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

My '66 Strat has not only the big headstock, but it's thicker as well. The tuner holes just clear the wood. It sustains like my Les Paul Standard. They make a great stereo left/right pair.
                Very cool, I'm not sure I knew they went back that far -I think I assumed they began with CBS in 68. Very Cool.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

cbs bought fender at the end of '65

Comment

Used MIM or MIJ Fenders are excellent, as has been said, play a few to see what you like the feel of the best. Even some great old MIJ squiers out there can be had for a great price.
                    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
                    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
                    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

The best value Strat is the one you never have to replace. Play as many as you can, find one you love, buy it and hold on to it forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post

Specs seem nice (assuming execution and QC are good), but how do you know about the pickups? Personal experience? Or do they have a model with branded pups?

Although in any case, it doesn't really seem like a strat-strat... more like something along the lines of some Schecter or Charvel models
                        Mm, if you don't mind your Strats being a bit outside of traditional, it seems like a good axe for the price. The body (mahogany) does seem a bit sharper cut like a Dinky/Soloist. I wonder what the tuners are - they look like Gotoh 510s, but aren't branded.

The pickups seem to be generic ceramic single coils in the 5k range; the 60 cycle hum bloke got one of these guitars and took it apart.

The only thing I'm not into is the snot scratchplate, bit too green.
                        Originally posted by dominus
                        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Working...
                        X