banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble w/Badass Type Wraparound Bridge??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble w/Badass Type Wraparound Bridge??

Good eve' all~ I just got a great guitar that has this beautiful & big adjustable wraparound, in GOLD!,, but it seems like the design of this tailpiece is such that there's no great, distinct angle of the string where it rests in the saddle.. Things sound kinda like my action is set too low, which it's not, & it's a bit muffled, & upon closer inspection, the strings are not seated firmly & again, there's no great angle... Does it sound as if my prognosis is on the money? I see other bridges for sale like the Gotoh 510UB that seem to have slightly higher Saddles & may work out better?..

Here's the best shot I can manage, but it hints to my point,,, I wonder if also swimming the bridge to sit mire level on the posts would help, or am I just better off w/a different bridge altogether?
    Thnx again all~ Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210702-110154_Gallery.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	6092746
    Last edited by zozoe; 07-02-2021, 09:22 AM.

We need detailed photos.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Yes, I am having a hard time understanding from the description. I think photos will help.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Here's the best shot I can manage, but it hints to my point,,, I wonder if also shimming the bridge to sit more level on the posts would help, or am I just better off w/a different bridge altogether?
        Thnx again all~ Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210702-110154_Gallery.jpg Views:	66 Size:	34.8 KB ID:	6092729
        Last edited by zozoe; 07-05-2021, 02:00 PM.

Comment

some of them will tilt pretty far forward depending on how they're machined, best to get one that has matched posts to avoid that
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

First off.... those pix are useless. Have the saddles of the bridge been slotted yet? Because the angle I'm seeing is adequate.

Comment

I'll shoot some more,, they are slotted,,,,,,
              Last edited by zozoe; 07-02-2021, 06:57 PM.

Comment

okay now, I believe I got this mood lighting thing down,,, Click image for larger version

Name:	20210702_224616.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	6092925 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210702_224900.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	6092926 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210702_224704.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	6092927

Comment

I have to say, unless the strings are jumping the saddles when you bend, that looks good. Maybe have the string slots cut a bit deeper but with more angle towards opposite the ball end of the bridge.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I do not see a problem. Perhaps your complaints were caused by something else?

Comment

DEMANIC, you mean if filing the grooves, the higher ends are towards the neck?
                      thnx

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        I have to say, unless the strings are jumping the saddles when you bend, that looks good. Maybe have the string slots cut a bit deeper but with more angle towards opposite the ball end of the bridge.

+1. i don't really see the problem but this would be my advice also.

Comment

again from the pics it's a bit hard to tell but it looks like your tailpiece is tilting forward. you might try getting 2 c-clips to put on the posts, open side facing the tail of the guitar and see if that helps in lieu of posts with a better fit. I have use retaining clips too but they are harder to fit
                          My Bands -
                          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by zozoe View Post
                            DEMANIC, you mean if filing the grooves, the higher ends are towards the neck?
                            thnx
                            Well that should give it a steeper break. But you don't want to get too crazy with it or you could wind up breaking strings. And removing metal only goes one way. Take off too much and it's a ***** to try to put back.

Comment

Well, when I slip the high E & B out of their grooves & put them on an unnotched section, they ring & resonate wonderfully,,, So maybe I'll just make a new neighboring notch, & not make it as deep & wide as they are now,,, letcha know folks!!

many thnx~

Comment

Working...
                              X