Std strat necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Std strat necks

Does anyone know if the Fender American Standard Stratocaster and all of its subsequent carnations have maintained the same neck shape since it was introduced in the 80s?

im gonna say no. i had an 86/87 strat, 95/96 strat, and 02 strat and the necks were all at least a little different shape

Comment

Do you reckon they would all have roughly similar "ish" thin C shaped necks or did they seem more varied?

Comment

they all had C shaped necks, the 86 was medium thin, the 95 was thinner and had a flatter shape, the 02 had a fuller C shape. i liked em all but there was a difference for sure

Comment

There is no such thing as a "standard" Stratocaster neck profile.
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I agree with Jeremy’s assessment. On one hand, you grab it and you know it’s a Fender Strat neck, but on the other hand they are not exactly the same. Is there a specific neck that you are looking for?
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I recently played an early 90s model and liked the neck and I also have a family member with an American Standard which I guess is from the late 90s also - though I'm not certain.

It's been a while since I played the other guitar, but I think the neck profiles are both reasonably similar and I was wondering if a current equivalent or an early 2000s model for example would have similar profiles, but sounds like the American Standard is not as standard as Fender would have you think.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Comment

Working...
              X