Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "My Next Guitar" Thread - late 2021 edition

Hey all

Someone did a thread like this at the end of 2020 about what everyone wanted Santa to bring them / what they would snag in 2021

I know its a bit early, but what are we all dreaming about for our next axe, either in the upcoming holidays or next year?

For me, I'm looking for a humbucker-equipped semihollow. Rather than going the classic 335 route, I was considering doing something like an Epiphone Sheraton in a natural finish. I'd swap out the pups, and have plenty of nice sets laying around waiting for a home. What about the rest of you?
    Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
    Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
    Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
    Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
    Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
    Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
    Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
    Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
    Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
    PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

I have exactly the same thing on my list. I initially wanted some "classic" design, but I was told here in another thread to check out the PRS SE Hollowbody and I find myself going back to the product page of that guitar quite often. Especially the one in Fire Red Burst ...

Comment

My next might be a specialty once-in-a-while instrument - electric 12-string or even a sitar guitar.
      I've wanted both of those for many years; never bought either one because they're tones I wouldn't use often.

Then again, I wouldn't mind having a vintage semihollow. A close friend just bought a '68 ES-345 and it's really nice.
      My problem with a guitar like that is the T-tops. Not my favorite humbuckers, by a long shot.
      And with a vintage axe I wouldn't want to swap them out. They did sound decent in a very mellow old guitar though.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by zizyphus View Post
        Hey all

Someone did a thread like this at the end of 2020 about what everyone wanted Santa to bring them / what they would snag in 2021

I know its a bit early, but what are we all dreaming about for our next axe, either in the upcoming holidays or next year?

For me, I'm looking for a humbucker-equipped semihollow. Rather than going the classic 335 route, I was considering doing something like an Epiphone Sheraton in a natural finish. I'd swap out the pups, and have plenty of nice sets laying around waiting for a home. What about the rest of you?
        I like this, but a Sheraton is basically a 335, no?

I bought too many guitars this year... stop.

But, wait, I would not be against a semi-hollow myself...
        -=The Dali
        --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Acoustic-Electric 12 string (Taylor), and a David Grissom PRS, the 12 string is within reach, the PRS, we'll see...

Comment

I want an old US CE 22 or CE24 with a trem.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I want to make my own 7 string, but otherwise any old 80s/ 90s double locking cheapo that would catch my eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post
                I want an old US CE 22 or CE24 with a trem.
                I got a '99 CE24 earlier this year. You should totally get one.
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

I got a '99 CE24 earlier this year. You should totally get one.
                  I'm looking for the right one. I want a flamey top, natural "binding", and the 5 way rotary switch with original PRS pickups.
                  Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

There are so few on my list anymore...

An Ibanez PS120
                    A Dean Hardtail in Blue Flame
                    Maybe an Epiphone Shraton, or a Gibson classic red 335
                    A BC Rich Ironbird or Warlock...but a neck thru one
                    A Korina V - Epiphone
                    Steinberger / Spirit Bass
                    Yamaha RGX-A2 in white

Okay....since this list isn't stopping, maybe I do have a few
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I bought an offset body a month ago to start work on a partscaster, I just need all the other parts. ALL of them. I only have the body.

Comment

I bought all the guitars I need for the year already, or I'll be in trouble.

but I'd still like another Bich. . . Or maybe another Paul
                        https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

I pretty much have what I want. If however, Santa were to press the issue, the new headless Ibanez looks interesting. So does the 7 string Iceman.

Comment

Dean from Hell - limited run signed by Dime.
                            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I'd love to get an Emerald acoustic.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X