NGD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!

Hard decision today. My good friend that keeps fueling my GAS had quite the impossible choice for me to make.

Guitar number one:
    LTD M1000 Deluxe is mint condition with the hard case. It’s in showroom, it has EMG’s and a Floyd Rose. It plays amazing.

Guitar number two:
    1998 Gibson SG Special with a SD PAF on the bridge, and DmZ Titan on the neck. Guitar was refinished in nitro and a catalyst the previous owner (from the seller) did not want to disclose because he’s an aspiring luthier. The serial number is partially hidden under the finish. But it’s a real Gibson for sure.

I spent a good hour trying both guitars. And although I kept staring at the LTD because that thing is just gorgeous, I could not get past how that SG neck felt. Wasn’t as fast, but it had a chunky feel I like. The LTD has a super fast neck, looks like a higher end guitar, and it’s about 17 years younger than the SG. But I brought the SG home. I couldn’t pass it up for $500.

Now I want that LTD too. GAS is a real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice SG you got. Very nice. $500? Score!

How much he asking for the LTD M-1000?
    Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 10-22-2021, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
      Nice SG you got. Very nice. $500? Score!

How much he asking for the LTD M-1000?
      $700 for the LTD, but $1100 if I bought both on the spot. SG was initially $650, but he’s a good friend, and we have bought and sold a ton of gear to each other, so he’s the one that actually said I can take it for $500. I can actually bring the SG back and get the LTD if I want to.

Comment

$500 for that SG is a great deal. Notice the little Subway Rocket in the background great little amps. Have owed one for many years . My all time favorite small grab and go tube combos!
        Last edited by Ascension; 10-22-2021, 07:42 AM.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
          $500 for that SG is a great deal. Notice the little Subway Rocket in the background great little amps. Have owed one for many years . My all time favorite small grab and go tube combos!
          Yeah for it about six months ago. Awesome little tone monster! This one is the older one without reverb.

Comment

I would have found it very difficult to say no to that SG
            at that price. Nice guitar.

Comment

Can someone help me identify that bridge pickup? Previous owner says is a 18kohm Duncan PAF. I know about the Duncan 59 but that’s vintage output. What kind of SD PAF is rated at 18k ohms?

Comment

18k?

PAF?

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post
                  18k?

PAF?
                  Yeah I’m scratching me head too. Might open the pickguard and see what’s inside. I’m sure it’s a Duncan, he wouldn’t lie to me about that, but definitely not a PAF if it’s that hot. Unless he meant 8k ohms.

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post
                    Can someone help me identify that bridge pickup? Previous owner says is a 18kohm Duncan PAF. I know about the Duncan 59 but that’s vintage output. What kind of SD PAF is rated at 18k ohms?

That clearly isn't correct. Maybe there is a label on the back? Does it sound/feel that hot?
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Two would come to mind a hot JB or a Alt 8 at 18K.
                      Guitars
                      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

That clearly isn't correct. Maybe there is a label on the back? Does it sound/feel that hot?
                        It does sound like a hot pickup. Nothing like my PRS with 57/08 which are vintage voiced, or my LP studio with burst Bucker pro’s.
                        Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                        Two would come to mind a hot JB or a Alt 8 at 18K.
                        Gonna unscrew the pick guard and take a peek.

Comment

Yeah, that's where I'd start. If you see something under there you don't recognize, take a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            Yeah, that's where I'd start. If you see something under there you don't recognize, take a pic.
                            Having a bit too much fun with this thing. I’ll make the time to loosen the strings and unscrew that pickguard. Here’s a fun video I made yesterday. I think she sounds great, but the player needs to practice.

Comment

Thanks for the video- it sounds great!

Comment

Working...
                              X