Tell Me About Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Me About Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1

Those of you who own or have played one.

I have an older US made one. It is one of the nicest guitar necks I've ever played. Came with Dimarzios - Evo neck and Tone Zone bridge, and I eventually swapped them out for an SSL2-SSL2-SSL6 combo. I like that the newer ones don't make you take the neck off to adjust the truss rod - that's really my only complaint about the one that I've got.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Its backwards lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
        Its backwards lol.
        yeah yeah yeah...

Comment

I have a 2014 model. Quality wise I had not problems at all. The neck feels good, bending strings is easier in this guitar than my Strat, people say jumbo frets allow for a better grip on the strings. The width at nut is wider than Strat so string spacing is wider than Strat, maybe similar to the string spacing of a Les Paul? Also, if you are into a floating FR then this is a great choice. My only observation would be the being this supposedly a "shredder" guitar the mount heel is the classical square shape, some may not like it if you want extreme easy access to higher frets while keeping that nice sound of the neck pickup you get in 22 fret guitars. My only minor dislike is the string spacing is a bit wider than Fender Strats, I think it is more like a Les Paul? You check the specs for width at nut.

If you want great tuning stability but hate floating FRs or just want easier access to the higher frets while keeping it 22 frets for a nice neck pickup sound then maybe you should take a look at the EVH Wolfgangs.
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
          X