banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESP LTD '87 Series (What's Not To Like?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP LTD '87 Series (What's Not To Like?)

Did a forum search and only found one thread on any of the ESP LTD '87 Series guitars.

Bruce Kulick thinks that sucks:

I mean, look at all this 80's juciness:

https://www.espguitars.com/products/...series-guitars

IDK, man...It's hard for me to swallow a $1k guitar that isn't made in Japan, Mexico, or the US.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Love it (except for the '1987' plaque on the 12th fret, ha!). The 80s are definitely in again. Candy apple for me, I think.

As for pricing, this is the new reality, Korean guitars aren't the cheapies with variable build quality we were used to in the 90s/00s. As another example, some of the Ibanez Premiums (which are Indo) are almost 2k.

I think the price is ok for a guitar that is neck through, has a real Duncan, boost switch, ebony fingerboard, and goes through middle-men before you get it in your hands.
      Originally posted by dominus
      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

They are very nice for sure. I'd go for the blue single hum myself. The colors are all great ,It's nice they didn't go with neon colors like a lot of other companies are doing/did. Neon guitars were just never that popular in the 80's at all, outside of C.C. DeVille and Steve Vai anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post
          IDK, man...It's hard for me to swallow a $1k guitar that isn't made in Japan, Mexico, or the US.
          Get used to it.

Comment

It's easier to swallow than a USA/JApan guitar that is $2000.

IDK - I'm still in love with a $250 Chinese guitar, so don't ask me. I don't know.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

Get used to it.
              Negative. Plenty of good, used, interesting guitars that don't give the Chicomms money and scratch my itch for new crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Lol, you probably remember when a MIM Strat was $319?
                Yup. And I could get a whole candy bar for 5¢ while walking uphill to school both ways.

Comment

Negative. Plenty of good, used, interesting guitars that don't give the Chicomms money and scratch my itch for new crap.
                  The '87 series (and other higher quality LTDs) is made in South Korea (Incheon):

https://killerguitarrigs.com/world-m...ruments-korea/

No Chicomms for me, either.

Guitar Brands with Models Manufactured by World Musical Instruments Korea
                  • Agile
                  • BC Rich
                  • Brian May Guitars
                  • Chapman
                  • Dean
                  • Diamond/DBZ
                  • Eastwood
                  • Gretsch (Electromatics)
                  • Guild (Newark St. models)
                  • Ibanez (small number of models with W serial)
                  • Line6
                  • LTD
                  • Michael Kelly Guitars
                  • Ormsby (GTR line)
                  • PRS SE (now mostly moved to Corâ€ÂÂÂTek in Indonesia)
                  • Schecter
                  • Strandberg (until mid 2017)
                  • Wylde Audio (sub-brand of Schecter)
                  Last edited by LLL; 11-21-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Lol, you probably remember when a MIM Strat was $319?
                    Yep

Comment

A lot of Korean guitars these days are so good that I dont really need to spend more. This is a great model; Im glad to see it. I spend a lot of time bouncing between a good neck pickup sound and a good bridge pickup sound, and not finding one great sound and sticking with it for a while. A really good one-pickup guitar promotes more playing and less noodling.
                      It's a shred stick. . . No noodling allowed.

Only wankery

Comment

This is not a political statement - merely a financial fact: This country now exists to give Chicoms money.
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

You mean they had a general store on the way to school, and another one on the way back?
                          No. We traded pelts for coins and coins for candy from traveling merchants.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

This is not a political statement - merely a financial fact: This country now exists to give Chicoms money.
                            Yup. I feel better knowing they get as little money from me as possible.

Comment

A lot of Korean guitars these days are so good that I dont really need to spend more. This is a great model; Im glad to see it. I spend a lot of time bouncing between a good neck pickup sound and a good bridge pickup sound, and not finding one great sound and sticking with it for a while. A really good one-pickup guitar promotes more playing and less noodling.

​​​​​​Personal tastes and all, but I can find plenty of MIJ and some MIA guitars out there that are in the financial ballpark of high end Korean or Indonesian models.

When those dry up, I might consider buying a 1k USD Korean or Indonesian guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X