Whatever happened to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to?

I seem to remember Fender introduced a series of offset waist Stratocasters a few years back (looked like a small Jazz bass) and I saw lots of them in the guitar mag websites... But I haven't seen a single one in the real world. In fact - after extensive searching, I can't even find proof that they existed - but they must have because we talked about Warmoth making them over on their forum. Does anyone recall what series they were in and what happened to them?
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Fender Sixty Six was an alternate universe model.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder.... Now - where are they?

Comment

Just checked out that guitar, and I really want one now.

Funny story, about a year ago, I was shopping in a store I hadn't been to in forever. They had one of the Alternate Reality guitars there. A customer asked the salesman about it. Salesman was an older dude, who went on and on about how ugly and stupid those designs were, and how they looked like all the crap the kids coming in playing Nirvana songs liked back in the day. Good sales tactic, jackass.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I guess they were a limited edition, and whoever bought most of them are keeping them. Mostly on Squeebay and Treeverb it's pickguards for them - not even a handful of the guitars. I have come to love the look of a Jazz Bass, and once I owned one I decided no more P-basses for me. The offset waist is just too comfy. Same with the Jaguar/Jazzmaster body. I thought they looked funky, but they are so comfy to play. So I logically assumed the Sixty Six would be more comfy than a Strat. Guess I'll just wait.

Comment

Offset guitars are great when you consider, once it's hanging from a strap at an angle or seated, the waist, horns and jack are all in the perfect spot.

Comment

Yeah, they should continue that mix n match series. There were some really cool combinations.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X