I want it back !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want it back !

Everyone has got at least one. The guitar that you sold, traded, or let go that you regret parting with. Maybe it seemed like a good idea at the time, but now you're kicking yourself. For me, it's a Peavey T-60. Yeah, not high end, not really the greatest looking, and heavy as a tank. But played great. It sounded great and was a rock solid reliable performer. You could break down a door with it and still be in tune. I traded it for a Washburn 7 string that I ended up hating and getting rid of within a year. Somebody slap me. What's your story ?

Years ago I had an RG570 that I absolutely loved, unfortunately it was stolen. It was my own fault out of sheer laziness. I still regret leaving it where I did at the time.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I tried selling my RG470 in August and the guy returned it for a finish imperfection I failed to describe properly so I kept it and plan to keep it cuz I fell in love with it all over again
      So I say, self: Don't sell your guitars even if job changes and car repairs throw curve balls at your finances
      I was at first a little miffed to have to honor a not as described return and eat the shipping but honestly I'm just glad to have my guitar
      This guitar has made me get into 80s rock and metal when I used to be more blues and 60s/70s rock and I feel like it's opening doors for me with it's humbuckers and tuning stability. Really very happy with it

so... don't sell. Only sell if you can't stand looking at it
      Last edited by FuseG4; 12-07-2021, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Got a few; both ESP M-IIs, GTX 23, Westone M-II copy, and an Ibanez Cimar strat.

Comment

I had an old 70's Yamaki acoustic dreadnought that I really loved, and that sounded great. Unfortunately the truss rod broke and I killed the guitar attempting to repair it. I'd love to have it back.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I have a few.

Epiphone LP with beautiful maple top and Dimarzio Virtual PAFs. Sold it to try other gear. Sounded awesome and I was too impatient to just save up.
            Epiphone DC LP with blue finish. Didn't understand how to use humbuckers musically.
            Fender MIA Strat, 2002. My #1 for 20 years. Sold it before I learned you could refinish and refret a neck (the finish was flaking and the frets were toast) and because after a bajillion pickup swaps I still wasn't happy with the sound. Lo and behold I was simply asking too much from a Strat.
            PRS SE Soapbar. Two soapbar pickups. Played amazingly. Again, I had unreasonable expectations. My ex-bandmate bought it off me. Maybe he still has it?
            Ridiculous neon green Dean 4 string bass. Cheap but vibes for days. I decorated it with stickers from the first year of reggae band gigging in 2017. Then decided to make it a fretless which didn't work as well as I hoped. Still have the bass, but it needs a refret for sure.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
            http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

A 1991 Olympic Pearl Stratocaster with a pearloid pickguard, a Duncan JBjr in the bridge, a Duncan Screamin' demon in the neck with an original DiMarzio YJM in the middle. I drilled holes up through the middle & neck pickup cavities and straight into the body on the upper bout and installed 2 mini switches for coil & phase.
              I don't remember what bridge I put on it but it had Schaller locking tuners.
              Last edited by solspirit; 12-07-2021, 11:25 AM.

Comment

early 90s ESP Ron Wood Tele

Comment

I had an old Yamaki AY333 from the 70s . . . Japanese dreadnought with a solid spruce top and rosewood back and sides. It was a really lovely sounding guitar. Unfortunately, the truss rod broke and I killed the rest of the guitar trying to replace it. It wasn't worth much, and didn't play as nicely as my Taylor . . . but it was one of the nicest sounding acoustics I've ever played. I really miss that one.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I had a 60s Japanese Hollow Body import that wasnt a great guitar that I got at a thrift store for like 15 bucks in the 90s, I gave it to a friend when he wanted to learn and then he tragically passed.

Then 25 years later, Jack White and/or Dan Auerbach made that guitar worth a small fortune in comparison to by playing same guitar model on tour.

I'm hoping my buddy's now 20 something year old daughter is enjoying the guitar -that would make me feel good.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

When I was 12, right after I got a Sears/Silverstone & tiny horrible sounding amp for Christmas, I traded a BMX bike to a friend for a 67 Rickenbacker Bass. The neck was so bowed you could shoot an arrow with it & the electronics were not working. I traded that for a 78 Yamaha Chappy like an idiot.
                      Last edited by solspirit; 12-07-2021, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Easy, 58 Les Paul.

Even the tube combo amp that I had with it. I think it was a Gretch.

I was 14 and stupid. Still one of these things lol.

Comment

I can honestly say that the instruments I have now are the best I’ve ever owned. I can’t really say that I regret selling any guitars/amps over the years.
                          If I had to pick one it would be an 80’s Ibanez X-Series star body that I traded in towards my LP Standard.

Comment

There's quite a few for me but the one that I keep going back to that I would love to have back is a Gibson SG Classic. Dual P-90's, good sized neck profile, incredible sustain.

Comment

Mine is a Zion Stratocaster with Joe Barton specials.. wrote it up a couple of months ago if you search under my handle.. it was exceptional.

But I'm at the age where I've got to start downsizing and as much as I loved it, definitely the best classic Strat and modern Strat and one build, I can get the same sounds with four other guitars at this point and someone had to go.
                              What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Working...
                              X