Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post

Got it.

​​​​​I was thinking it was an intonation thing.
    I thought that too but if you look at the nut and bridge they have a similar angle also.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
      Played one once in the early 80's, didn't dig it at all
      I've only played a few Rickenbackers . . . but they were uniformly terrible feeling. Didn't like the necks at all.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I've never heard of that model but it's a very interesting idea. I'm curious enough to make a neck with slanted frets just to see how it feels.
        I understand how some people may have a hard time with Ric necks, but they are not difficult to get used to if you play them for more than a few minutes. (They certainly aren't shred necks).
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

The modern version of fanned frets is to have a different scale length for the lower strings, so they sound better. But I like this ergonomic reason better. I wonder why it never took off?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X