banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She shall be called….the SleazeMachine! (80’s Build Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She shall be called….the SleazeMachine! (80’s Build Content)

This parts build is gonna be epically ridiculous, cheesy, sexy, and therefore awesomely awesome!! Or should I say, tubular!!

The Thriller crew, the girls with long legs & burgundy lips, the Down Boys and the lovers livin’ with radar phones alike have all been Livin’ on a Prayer in the jungle (where it gets worse everyday) for so long, it’s like they’re in Jumanji — waiting for the right person to roll the dice.

But! If you build it, they will come — all dolled up and dancing down on Sunset Strip. And when they arrive, you’ll be like “omg I Remember You!”

Her tone, full of raunch and so sticky sweet — from her head to her feet — will taste so good it’ll make a grown man cry! So smitten, you’ll most certainly wonder “Is This Love?”

Better not EVER sell her though, because You Don’t Know What You Got (Til It’s Gone)!

ps: Don’t forget to bring 4-5 bottles of Aqua Net to the party!

#pinkguitarsftw #doyoueven80sbro?

1989 (my birth year!) USA Peavey Tracer body; probably poplar. Mint condition, got it as seen below for a steal.

Will update the remaining specs as they arrive!

A little mystery gives me a chub.

Perfect for Acebob.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I like it. It burns my eyes, but I like it.

Comment

Holy cannolis...
        . It looks like an Easter egg

Comment

Cadbury, is that you? Thanks Easter Bunny, Bock Bock. Looks like a fun project.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	6135746
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I like the understated look you're going for.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

HS setup. Don't see those too often. Can't see much of anything after looking at that thing though.
              "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

If you wanna give it some extra 80's vibe, see if you can score some "Knobeez" pot knobs in neon green or pink. They started in the 80's (have a few myself):

Comment

You tasteless allusion to 80s rock songs makes me cringe; not to mention the paint splattered finish looking like it were a leftover mess of a two-year old's drinking binge.

You are damn right, this IS the most ridiculous thread of 2021.

Comment

Is that piece if poplar heavy? I have a poplar Ernie Ball that is pretty heavy for its size, but I've also held pieces that were much lighter.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My first gut reaction was..."Oh no!!! Not another EVH type paint job!!". But then I noticed the yellow off-angle stripe on the lower horn... you'll have to excuse me now, I have to empty my gut in the toilet.

I do, however, like the bright red color.
                      Last edited by GuitarDoc; 01-07-2022, 09:21 AM.
                      Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Needs an alt 8!
                        https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

An '80s Kahler trem is a must in there.

Comment

That is pure glam or party rock, not sleazy at all IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                              That is pure glam or party rock, not sleazy at all IMO.
                              Agreed. This looks a lot more like Paul Gilbert or Poison than, say, Guns N' Roses or Skid Row. That said, I think it looks great. It is screaming for a Floyd Rose, but no matter what you do it is going to be a sweet axe.

Comment

Working...
                              X