No announcement yet.

Rick Nielsen can do no wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always liked Rick. His playing, his tone, his guitar collection, his humor. I've not met him but from what I have heard from those who have, he is a really good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
      In which Rick barely scratches the surface of his incredible collection of rare and cool guitars, all the while spinning his amazing stories about them.
      Definitely worth the hour and eighteen minutes to watch, so kick back and enjoy!

The Collection: Rick Nielsen - YouTube
      Sweet! I still have my Rick Nielsen pick from the early 80s.

Great video, coolest guy ever being interviewed by the least cool guy ever
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Now that's funny right there.
        I have nothing against him, but he truly is not a cool dude.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

Now that's funny right there.
          I have nothing against him, but he truly is not a cool dude.
          he has the persona of Paul Riser's character in the film "Aliens"

-AKA the corporate stooge ready to betray everyone to meet his goals.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
            I've always liked Rick. His playing, his tone, his guitar collection, his humor. I've not met him but from what I have heard from those who have, he is a really good guy.
            I had a student a few years ago who is from Rick's hometown. He went to school with his daughter. Went over to visit, did not know who Rick was at the time. Told me Rick was extremely nice and there were guitars everywhere in the house.
            Any man who is really nice to a dweeby teen boy there to visit his teen daughter must be a genuinely good person!
            Last edited by Dave Locher; 12-29-2021, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post

Lower tier yet in the RnR HOF. Granted the HOF is kind of a **** show at times but CT have one of the greatest live albums of all time and several songs that are total classics. Rick's style was/is iconic so of course he will stand out over the course of a 50 year career.
              I hear you, but aside from the 1 live recording and a few songs … not too much there. I like them but they never really stood out to me. Yet he always had, which is why I mentioned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              -=The Dali
              --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Sweet! I still have my Rick Nielsen pick from the early 80s.

Ha! That’s funny and true!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                -=The Dali
                --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Working...
                X