Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IYO what is the best & cheapest

Fret dressing kit?

I know the words best and cheapest are not congruent, but I think you know what I mean.

I've made a ton of money over the decades with a 3 cornered file from StewMac with safed edges. I can radius the flattened tops and finish the fret ends with ease. The Fret Erasers are nice, too. For flattening - I have an ancient file Dan Erlewine gave me in the 80's - a one of one prototype. It's a workhorse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Leveling File.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	6137819
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
      Like a sweet spot that offers both value and performance? Why would you want that? Either invest in a great product that means eating flour and water for the next six months, or buy something affordable that doesnt work. Commit!
      Yeah you're right, there really is no sweet spot for most things.
      ...never hurts to try though

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
        I've made a ton of money over the decades with a 3 cornered file from StewMac with safed edges. I can radius the flattened tops and finish the fret ends with ease. The Fret Erasers are nice, too. For flattening - I have an ancient file Dan Erlewine gave me in the 80's - a one of one prototype. It's a workhorse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Leveling File.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	6137819
        This wouldn't be be the only thing I need, would it?

Comment

This wouldn't be be the only thing I need, would it?
          No, you'd need a couple grits of wet or dry sandpaper. I use 220, 620, and 900.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Cool thats no problem.
            . I have a guitar with one almost immeasurably low fret, if I get the 6" one will it take care of that too?

Comment

Working...
            X