Tremol-no incoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremol-no incoming

My PRS and JP6 are very similar in sound and playability. Both are trem-equipped, and I like using them in D standard and drop C. While deciding which was gonna get which tuning, I decided to step into 10 or 15 years and invest in a Tremol-No.

Gonna try it on the PRS first, then hopefully be irritated that I need to spend $55 on another for the JP6.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

I have one on my Ibanez, and don't like it, it doesn't stay in the locked position tight enough. I prefer the simple brass Floyd Rose trem block, and they're cheaper.

Comment

Yep, bought an Ibanez with one installed once, it didn't last long, wish you had asked about it before ordering one. The concept is nice, I remember when Kevin was developing it, but it doesn't perform as promised. I use a trem stabilizer on my floating trems, but if you want to be able to change tunings, a hardstop is your best bet. If you change tunings with the tremol-no locked, then unlock it, the tuning will go to he!!, actually any tuning adjustment you make while it is locked will change as soon as you unlock it.

Comment

Installed one for a while then went back to just using more and stronger springs for stability. Wasn’t for me. Hope you have better luck!

Comment

I see a lot of what you guys are saying, and a lot of the opposite as well. Worst case, I’m out $60 and dedicate each guitar to a tuning, and I get to quit wondering if a Tremol-No will solve my problem.

The amount of anxiety I get from over researching stuff and going back and forth on stupid decisions like this is absurd. Being done with that is worth the money by itself, regardless of whether it works or not.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I posted a few months ago a stiblizer gadget too, that works nicely, I can vouch for it. Even handles drop tuning on Floyds. Doesn't block, but stabilizes. String don't go out of whack until you bend more than a M3 and the only sacrifice is the flutters. The German product called Tremmory is the same thing, just more expensive. But let's hope that the Tremol-No willwork for you in the first place!

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by "and the opposite as well" but good luck, hope it works for you.

This is the type I use - https://www.amazon.com/Trem-Endus-Tr...a-837911616718

Comment

I removed the one that I installed on my Charvel So Cal. It worked OK for a little while (never held tight enough and had a habit of slipping even when screwed down tightly) but eventually it started to introduce too much friction into the trem and prevented it from returning it to zero all the time.

Hope it works out better for you!
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                  The amount of anxiety I get from over researching stuff and going back and forth on stupid decisions like this is absurd. Being done with that is worth the money by itself, regardless of whether it works or not.
                  I’m with you 200% on this.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                    I'm not sure what you mean by "and the opposite as well" …
                    ?

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

?
                      See your post #5, but really not important, I wish you the best! And, yeah, we guitar players probably spend way too much time obsessing (or as some call it, researching).

Comment

See your post #5, but really not important, I wish you the best! And, yeah, we guitar players probably spend way too much time obsessing (or as some call it, researching).
                        I think he meant that he sees both positive and negative reviews of the thing.

Comment

Having used one, I failed to find the positive, but I wish him better luck! What doesn't work for one person may be exactly what someone else is looking for.

Comment

If it doesn’t work will you consider a tremsetter?

Upon googling it appears the device I’m thinking of is the Trem-Endus.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Oh, ok. What I meant was lots of people saying they love them.

Comment

Working...
                              X