Crowned, leveled and polished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowned, leveled and polished

Just had the frets on my Iceman crowned, leveled and polished. The guy that did the repair did a bit of tweaking to the nut and evened out the the saddles. I don't think it has ever played this nicely. Super happy with the work that was done, to top it off, it was $105, that include a new set of strings and just a little over a week to get it back.

Next step will be to install the Liberator in it after I get a reamer and install the Black Winter with a black chrome cover installed in the neck when it arrives.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

105$ is a great price for that work! It never fails to amaze me how awesome a guitar can play when it's perfectly dialed in.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

sounds like that was a deal! its great to have a guitar setup and playing its best

Comment

That is a super good buddy price on the work. The luthier should raise his prices.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Honestly, first time using the guy. Got a recommendation from my local guitar shop, thats who they use for all their repairs
          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400
          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

That's a good price for the fret work alone, especially if he's as good as you say. With the nut and bridge work he could have charged double what he did.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
            X