NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD

I tried to convince myself that my Epiphone was the only Les Paul I needed...I failed

I tried to convince Aceman to send me his Les Pauls, he said "No, no, no"

I need to work on my methods of persuasion.

EDIT: I didn't post this until late in the day because I was playing it. I didn't write much so I could get back to playing it.

8.2 lbs, beautiful top, plays effortlessly, sustains like no other guitar I've owned. Hardware has been aged despite it not being a Murphy.

I drove to a few different stores in the last few days and played all the USA Standard '50s, R8s and R9s at each one and this one out-shined the rest.
    Last edited by Fender_Punk; 01-05-2022, 08:08 AM. Reason: Details
    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Gorgeous axe. Congrats
    Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Well, that certainly does not suck!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Nice!

Well I did subtly suggest to Ace that he should rid himself of those LPs. I tried.

Comment

Originally posted by gsammo79 View Post
          Gorgeous axe. Congrats
          Thank you! It sounds as good as it looks. At 8.2 lbs it's easy on the back.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Well, that certainly does not suck!
          It certainly does not. I would have written more in the main post but I couldn't stop playing it.

Originally posted by playas View Post
          Nice!

Well I did subtly suggest to Ace that he should rid himself of those LPs. I tried.
          Deep down we all know Ace still prefers LPs to Teles, I think he's trolling us.
          "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Oooh, pretty!
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

beautiful top! what is it? i cant see the tag

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                beautiful top! what is it? i cant see the tag
                2021 R9 in VOS Washed Cherry.

Comment

Man that's a gorgeous LP. Almost as good looking as a couple of mine. Ha, ha.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I love the top!

Comment

Sweet! Enjoy.

Comment

Now that is simply stunning, may YOU serve IT well! Awesome….

Comment

Congrats! Looks nice.
                          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Wow, that's a proper Page #2 burst. 8.2 beats my 8.6. Nice score.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                              Man that's a gorgeous LP. Almost as good looking as a couple of mine. Ha, ha.
                              Thanks. I'd say it's prettier than your root beer LP and about par with your cherry burst.

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              I love the top!
                              You and I both

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                              Sweet! Enjoy.
                              Thanks Artie. I hope you're well.

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                              Now that is simply stunning, may YOU serve IT well! Awesome….
                              Sad news for my new burst, it's unlikely to ever grace a stage at Reading or Wembley. Good news is I will take good care of it.

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                              Wow, that's a proper Page #2 burst. 8.2 beats my 8.6. Nice score.
                              Thanks. I was most picky about the weight and the first one I tried (which brought on the GAS) ended up being the lightest one available. Would've taken any of the finishes but I'm glad to have it in washed cherry.

8.6 lbs is still very reasonable for a solid Les Paul.

Comment

Working...
                              X