Another tele I built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another tele I built

Well....I built the body from scratch and bought the flamey roasted maple Warmoth neck. Maybe one day I'll get the tools and bravado needed to try to do a neck myself. It's a swamp ash body that has been chambered out to remove some meat with a quilted maple top and some fun little burst like guys on the back and sides. Oh yea I put a piece of walnut sandwiched down the middle as well. Cut and shaped the pickguard and backplate out of acrylic.

Has bareknuckle mississippi queens in there that I am excited to try. Just need to make a nut, wire it up and set it up and we're good. Finish is not perfect close up but it's as good as I have patience for and for rattlecans it's pretty good.

For your approval:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cDemDEg.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	6140874

Name:	3oTdvEn.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	6140875

Name:	wgr4wNS.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	6140876

i like it! nice top too. probably pretty light weight?

Comment

Looks great! It's neat to see a guitar with one color on the top and a burst on the back.

Any particular reason for sandwiching the walnut?
      "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

That's a spectacular looking piece of work.

Comment

How exciting! Can't wait to hear what this sounds like!
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
            Looks great! It's neat to see a guitar with one color on the top and a burst on the back.

Any particular reason for sandwiching the walnut?
            Prince's tele has something similar and I just liked the look. Not sure it will do anything other than add a stripe. Ha!

Comment

Beautiful. But not sure about the pickguard on such a nice top.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                Beautiful. But not sure about the pickguard on such a nice top.
                I actually fudged up one of the locations for the volume pot so I decided to add a guard to cover up the plug.

Comment

Very nice!
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by blakejcan View Post

Prince's tele has something similar and I just liked the look. Not sure it will do anything other than add a stripe. Ha!
                    RIP Prince, what an artist. Nothing wrong with paying homage.
                    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      i like it! nice top too. probably pretty light weight?
                      Not as light as I thought it was going to be. I chambered it using the same template as when I built a thinline tele so there is a lot removed but I think that maple center piece adds some weight back in. I have a roasted ash body that feels lighter than this.

Some day I'll build a roasted ash body that is chambered and the whole thing will weight about 5 lbs

Comment

A thing to be careful with ultra light bodies, is that they can be neck heavy. I did a chambered Strat of swamp ash, and while really light, made the guitar slightly neck heavy.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

to counter that I chamber my necks. haha

altho as I type that out, I am sure someone out there has done that

Comment

I like it and cannot believe it was finished with rattlecans. The Walnut strip is an impressive touch!
                            I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

That's funny, I'm working on a walnut body right now and just decided to put a maple strip in the back just because.
                              Beautiful guitar - subtle but unique

Comment

Working...
                              X