Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Locking Tuners for LTD ST-213

Hey everyone ,

I’d like to swap out the stock tuners on my LTD ST-213 strat with locking tuners (I’m thinking Hipshots) I’ve attached a photo of the headstock and tuners here. My question is would someone be able to tell me what size tuners I have now? I see that Hipshot makes various sizes .. I believe 8.5 mm, 10 mm etc etc.. if anyone can help I’d appreciate it - just want to make sure I get the right size with the new ones.

thanks !

I can't tell from a pic- you may have to take one off and get out a ruler to see, unless you ask the company. I do like Hipshots, and they come with a cool plate to line up the tuners and cover any holes.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

That 8.5/10mm measurement is almost certainly for the diameter of the hole in the headstock that the shaft of the tuner goes through.

Just take one of the tuners off and measure the diameter of the hole.

Most modern tuners use 10mm, with some vintage style tuners using the smaller diameter, so probably 10mm.

Comment

99% chance yours are 10mm. (Maybe 100% to round it off).

I've used Hipshots and they are very good, esp. like the plate that Mincer mentioned.

These are really good, work perfectly, look terrific, and auto-trim the strings, and I think the screw holes line up with your existing holes. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002E2N90...ding=UTF8&th=1

I totally love the Fender locking tuners for their function and clean look (no screws), but you've already got screw holes. https://www.amazon.com/Fender-Lockin...31&sr=8-5&th=1
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

On mine the Planet Waves Auto Trim set I got were just dropped in.
          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Schaller M6 135 locking tuners will align perfectly with your existing screw holes, albeit they are on the pricey side.

Clamping Machine Head Set for Electric Guitar Precise, wear-free premium mechanisms, Contents: 6x Left, With Velvet-Tec and LX6-Lube technology, Very high quality surface finish due to improved manufacturing processes, Construction: Closed,...

Either brand you choose, I"d consider having the posts staggered if you don't have a string tree/retainer of sorts. ESP/LTD usually installs one, but cn't see feom your pic.

Comment

Working...
            X