Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    Welcome back!

Sweet @$$ Les Paul! Love the flame and the overall color.

Never heard of this set. For $300 - glad it floats your tone boat! I'll pass. I am a big fan of an A3 neck though.

I see a pedal board. You may want to play our new game in the Pedal room: Let's review your pedal boards - hosted and roasted by me! It's an enjoyable read I hear....
    Ace I’ve truly missed you buddy!!!

Yeah, that is one of two pedal boards that I have, so I’ll definitely check it out…
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
      H
      I have a MHS set in my ES-335 which has the opposite magnet configuration & I love them!
      I have the MHS set in my 3-pickup NOS Les Paul Black Beauty. I freaking love those pickups

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        thats quite a nice collection of amps you have!
        Honestly I wish I could sell about half of them..

Unfortunately I almost always lose stupid money when I sell amplifiers. So I guess I’ve just tried avoiding doing so whenever possible, & it’s left me with a rather large collection?

So that’s what happens when your super healthy Mom dies unexpectedly @ 60 years old, leaving you with depression, as well as a bunch of money that you neither want, or feel like you deserve..

Online shopping addictions..

Where would we be without them?
        I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Jesus, that got dark didn’t it!

Sorry guys, got off topic..

I should also probably also say that my Mom passed more than 2 years ago now. While I still miss her very, very much, I’ve since taken steps to address my mental health since then & am in a much better place mentally..

So these days there’s no more compulsive gear buying. Or at least it’s not any worse then before her passing anyway?

And now back to guitars, pickups, & pedals! That s#!t was effing depressing!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I have the MHS set in my 3-pickup NOS Les Paul Black Beauty. I freaking love those pickups
            Oh man, me too!!!

It really was the MHS set that “led me” to the QueenBuckers that are in this guitar..

I was searching for a used MHS set on Reverb for quite a while, but unfortunately the only set I ever found was listed for like $650!!!

I mean they’re definitely good, but not $650 good…

Comment

I should also probably also say that my Mom passed more than 2 years ago now. While I still miss her very, very much, I’ve since taken steps to address my mental health since then & am in a much better place mentally..

So these days there’s no more compulsive gear buying. Or at least it’s not any worse then before her passing anyway?

**** is real and no need to apologize, glad you feel you are doing better. i have too many amps too, but none of em are bad soo makes it hard to get rid of em. i mean the jtm30 isnt my favorite but i have plans to use the trannys and box to make a jtm45 type thing, maybe with reverb.

Comment

Oh man, me too!!!

It really was the MHS set that “led me” to the QueenBuckers that are in this guitar..

I was searching for a used MHS set on Reverb for quite a while, but unfortunately the only set I ever found was listed for like $650!!!

I mean they’re definitely good, but not $650 good…
                I don't know if Gibson still makes the MHS set anymore. It is a shame they are amazing pickups. But yes $650 is a bit much for a set.

Comment

the mhs 1 and mhs 2 were different sets. the 1 was paf like with a3 neck, a2 bridge. i believe the 2 was more like a t-top set

Comment

That’s a great looking LP and what a great selection of amps and tones… awesome

Comment

I should also probably also say that my Mom passed more than 2 years ago now. While I still miss her very, very much, I've since taken steps to address my mental health since then & am in a much better place mentally..

So these days there's no more compulsive gear buying. Or at least it's not any worse then before her passing anyway?

My sincerest condolences on your mom's passing. My mom passed away 6 years ago, far too young and I still miss her. It creates a void you will always be aware of but it does get easier to handle as time passes. Kudos to you for being honest with yourself about your mental health and taken steps to address it.

Congrats on the Les Paul. That flame top looks sharp. Good for you getting some authentic sounding PAFs for it. Excellent choice of amps to play through as well!
                      Did you buy the Queen-bucker set with the mismatched aesthetic (one pup covered, one not) or did you remove one of the covers?

If I can offer any advice on selling gear, it'd be to list in multiple places, list with a price above the minimum you want (so you have wiggle room in negotiations) and most importantly don't entertain or accept any offers that are below your valuation of the item for sale. Saying "no" is a very useful tool.
                      "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Ahh, as far as I know all Queen-Bucker sets come covered, but they also all have the same “Double Antique White” coils under the covers..

Now with that said…

These ARE NOT Double Cream coils!!!

They were sold to me as typical covered PAF’s..

I ended up removing the cover of the bridge pup, & I found that they just happened to have “Double Antique White” bobbins underneath those covers..

Don’t need any false accusations by other, lesser, winders..

Comment

Also thank you everyone for the kind words & condolences.. I appreciate it very much..

Comment

(Paris Hilton voice) ....That's so hawt!
                            https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Working...
                            X